Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

June.

Jun 24, 2018

How the heck is June almost over. I am definitely not complaining because summer holidays obviously. The kids have 2.3 days of school left and I have Lily for one more week and then, freedom. I freakin love Summer. We already bought our pool passes and will spend as much time as possible poolside. We'll also spend time in Waterton, Canmore and Banff, and are taking a short trip to Salt Lake City. Ty and Ryan have summer ball, and McKenna has a ballet clinic and her and Hayley both have a Summer dance Intensive. So much to look forward to. But I also have so much to look back on to get caught up. So first up...

Year End Show. The girls had their dance year end show a couple of weeks ago. Usually they have it at the Yates but its under construction so we had to find a different venue. Our studio found something last minute (one of the ice rinks in town) and pulled it out. Having to put together a stage and bring everything in. It turned out amazing and I even had a few people tell me they preferred the ice rink. I worked back stage the whole week but did sneak out the last night to watch the girls dance. They did great. It's always bittersweet to preform their dances for the last time. Both girls were quite emotional when it was over. Hayley cried off and on the rest of the evening until she went to bed. Its hard to say goodbye to something you love and to people who have become like family, even if its only for a short time. I am happy they have found something they are so passionate about.




Celebratory ice cream and french fries
Nate had his last day of school last week and then just had exams this week. He is happy to be finished. He had such a good experience with Jr. High which makes this Momma very happy too.

The anniversary of my Mom's passing and her birthday are in June. Its been 10 years people. 10 years. Sometimes I can't believe it, other times it feels like its been forever. I missed her a lot this year and had a hard day. I went through my photo albums and found some pictures of her and I, which wasn't easy by the way. There are not a lot of pictures with her in them. Momma's make sure you are in pictures with your kids. I know its so easy to always be the one taking the pictures, but its important to be in them too. And they don't care how perfect and good you look and you shouldn't either.






My Mom with Nate

Love and miss you Momma.

We also made a quick trip to Waterton and had a nice visit with our Utah cousins, but I need to post on those individually.

But to finish off here are just some random happenings.

Shopping with my girls

Playdate with sweet baby Meadow


Deck picnics

surprises left on my phone

Summer fabfitfun box came


Oh, and here's a link to McKenna's tap trio that she performed at competition this year HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment