Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Waterton after the Fire.

Jun 28, 2018

The other weekend when we were in Cardston, Ryan had to run into Waterton to check out a building the company he works for is bidding on. The girls and I decided to go with him. We haven't been since the fire and we wanted to go see our beloved Waterton. It was definitely different but still beautiful and magical. Waterton will always be near and dear to my heart because of all the time and memories I have there. I've been spending my summer's there since I was a baby. Its truly one of my favourite places. And now it will be a constant reminder that even though we have challenges and tragedy's in our lives we can still find beauty. That after the fire, a period of rebirth and regrowth will come. That we have the strength to move onward and upward and that things always get better with time. I can't wait to see what the years bring for Waterton. To watch its regrowth and I'm sure that one day it will be more beautiful then ever.











After Ryan did what he had to do we went into the townsite to check out the new Beaver Tails. If you know us you know we love beaver tails. We've been eating them in Canmore and Banff the last few years and we are so excited that they are a bit closer to home now. They did not disappoint and they did such a good job with the space. You really need to get there and try one right now. Oh, and there is gelato there too. So many delicious flavours. On our way out we stopped to see Cameron Falls. There is a ton of water coming down right now. It is such a beautiful waterfall.








We are so grateful to live so close to this beautiful place. See you again soon Waterton.

1 comment :