Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Piggyback Poutinerie and Summer living

Jul 17, 2017

We are already half way through July which doesn't make me too happy, but we have been enjoying our summer. It has been hot, hot, hot here. Like 30-38 degree weather every.day. Thankfully we got this installed right before the heat wave:


It has been a lifesaver to have AC. With all the big windows and high ceilings in our house it gets really hot in here, especially upstairs.

Roy and his crew came and did our stucco. I love the color and how it turned out. Ryan has been working on the stone and it looks so good. Hopefully he will get it all down by the end of this weekend.


We've had a ton of pool days. We've gone to Stirling and Raymond but we are mostly at Henderson because thats where we have swim passes to, and its by far the best pool in the area. (In our opinion). We've even had a few pool days with these beauties:


Ty is playing summer baseball this year. He practices two nights a week and has tournaments on the weekends leading up the big Prairie's Tournament. They have a really good team this year and it is quite enjoyable to watch (finally). Ty is getting better and better and I love watching him improve. He hit his first infield home run (it was so close to going over) the other day and was quite proud of himself (we were too). Thankfully he is the only child with any kind of schedule this summer. The rest just get to relax and play.

I signed up for my first fitness event in August so I am working hard to train. I'm running a 5k and I am not a strong runner at all. You can always run/walk these things but I really want to be able to run the whole thing. So far I can run just over 2.5 K, so I am just over half way. I've never loved running but am really starting to enjoy it and am super pumped to do my first race. Ha ha. Its funny how life changes us. If you would have asked me to run a 5k a couple years ago I would have said "No way. I have no desire to run anywhere."

I find its a little harder to keep up with a healthy diet over the summer, but here are a couple things I've been trying to keep up with. Protein smoothies in the morning are always perfect and easy, and I love doing chia pudding in the afternoon's. This chocolate cherry pudding is like actual dessert its so good.


Its chia seeds mixed with coconut milk, unsweetened cocoa, and a sweetener (I think I used pure maple syrup. Honey would be good too). Put it in the fridge for a few hours and then I topped it with cherries, a dollop of greek yogurt and some walnuts for crunch. So yummy. I also love these little fruit and nut balls for a pool snack.


I love that they are making it more convenient to make healthier snacking choice's. Now if they could just make it a little cheaper.

McKenna learned how to do a fishtail braid. She is very impressed with herself.


And we've been trying to get out and do some new things. We added exploring downtown to our summer list and went and tried poutine at the Piggyback Poutinerie for the first time. The kids didn't love it, except for Ty, but I sure did. So delicious. Not the healthiest food choice, but its all about balance. Nothing wrong with having a little poutine every once in awhile. Then the kids played in the galt gardens fountain. It was a fun afternoon.








Also made a little video of our adventure. Click HERE if you'd like to check it out!

Oh summer we love you so.

1 comment :

  1. It is going way to fast. I don't like poutine, (I know, very unCanadian :/) but Dave and all the kids do. I have never heard of that place. I will have to look into for them.

    ReplyDelete