Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

2021

Jan 21, 2021

 We are nine days into 2021 and I’ve kind of been putting off writing this post. A new year is always an exciting time and I usually write a post at the start of the year about what I’m looking forward to and what I want to work on throughout the year but let’s be real here, I knew things weren’t going to magically change just because the year changed. I guess I’m having a hard time planning or thinking about the future because I have not idea what to expect. We’re kind of just flying by the seats of our pants here and taking it one day at a time. Its funny when I read back on my 2020 post, I was saying that for some reason I didn’t really have any plans and that I was just going to be spontaneous and just go with it (which is so unlike me) and then Covid ended up hitting and my plans probably wouldn’t have happened anyway. Its funny how sometimes the Universe is preparing us for things we don’t know are coming yet. This year I’m kind of feeling the same. Things are just so uncertain right now. Who know’s when we can travel again, or even when we can see our family and friends. Will we have dance competition this year? When will we be able to gather in bigger groups? or go anywhere without wearing a mask? Just so many things unknown for me to really be able to plan anything out for this year.

Its been nice to have more time with my family at home, so I am going to enjoy that as much as possible. This time last year I remember being so busy with dance and basketball that I was exhausted. And even though I really enjoy those things and I do miss them, I’m going to enjoy this quiet life for as long as I have it because I know that at some point, its going to go back to busy and chaotic again. And I’ll be grateful and I’ll love it, but its nice to have this time for some contemplation and perspective so that I’m prepared for it again.

We were so blessed to be able to move last year and now I have this new home that I get to set up just the way I want it. I’m going to focus on that this year. Setting up each room. New furniture, decor, all the fun things. We plan on being here for awhile so I finally feel like I can make this space exactly what I want it to be. I can’t wait to be able to show you the progress on each room as we go. So far I’ve almost got my front entryway and main bathroom completely finished.

I have a really good routine established in my life right now. With all the time I had at home in 2020 I mastered my morning routine (for my life right now), a good workout routine, I drink a lot of water, and I eat pretty balanced and healthy. There really isn’t much I want to change or work on there at this point. But the word that keeps coming back to me is create. I want to take this time to use my creativity effectively and to its fullest, whatever that may mean. I’m not really sure yet. I definitely want to put more time and energy into this blog. I want to take more photo’s. Be more creative on instagram and I’ve already started to create more daily vlogs. Not to post on social media or anything, but just another way for me to journal and record my thoughts and memories. It will probably be boring to anyone but me. But the one thing I don’t have a lot of of my Mom are video’s. I would love to have more video’s of her. So I thought I might as well start journaling via video so that they’re available to anyone who they might mean something to one day.

So I guess I’m going to take that word and run with it. See what becomes of it as I maneuver my way through 2021. I’m going to continue to take every opportunity to learn and grow and try to better myself, and cross my fingers that we can travel a bit at some point this year. I turn 40 this year so I’m hoping for a little vacay to celebrate.

No matter what does or doesn’t happen, I will always live a life of gratitude and contentment because that’s what brings the most peace and joy into my life. Being able to sit in a room by myself and still feel excitement and happiness for life is always my goal. I’ve gotten to the point where I honestly don’t need a lot to be happy. Its just there. Maybe I can use this blog to share how I got here because it was definitely a journey. And I know my life will continue to evolve and just get better and better with time. So 2021, even though I have no idea what to expect from you. I’m ready and excited to see where you take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment