Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

A Touch of Christmas.

Dec 19, 2020

 The Christmas season is fully upon us and even though it looks a bit different this year I can honestly say it still feels the same. I don't know, for me Christmas is all about the little things. All the traditions that you can really do anywhere with anyone. Yes, it won't feel quite the same without all of our family to celebrate with but for me anyways, I have everything I really need right here in my home. I know its not that way for everyone and my heart goes out to those who are hurting and struggling right now. Please reach out to someone if this is you. Having support and connection is the most important thing and its okay to admit your not doing well and need some extra loving.

December has been pretty good to us so far. The 3 older kids went back to online school and it has been fine. Not sure how it will effect their marks but at this point I don't really care. As long as their showing up and doing their best I'm calling that a win. Girls are back to zoom dance classes and we are just enjoying our quiet life at home. The kids are really missing their friends but at least we have the technology to keep in touch in ways we could not when I was their age. I think in a way I'm grateful for this experience for them. We live a pretty easy, blessed life. Learning that everything is not going to go their way all the time and that sometimes we have to sacrifice the things we want for the good of someone else is a beautiful life lesson. One that builds strength and empathy.

Hayley got the bed of her dreams, which I'll share more of at some other point, but I love going to wake her up in the mornings and her cute, groggy little face peeks out at me.


Evenings spent in the hot tub are my favourite.


We've had some beautiful days in between the windy one's.


Ryan started getting the garage organized. He always amazes me with what he throws together with his shelves and organization. I'll have to show you when its completely done.


Beautiful sun rises bring me so much joy.


The girls were finally able to do their ballet exams. They were scheduled to do them in April but ended up getting cancelled. They did them one at a time via zoom. The girls were super prepared and I think both of them did very well. We are still waiting to hear the marks. They are both so excited to move on to the next level and start learning new things. 



This handsome boy turned 16. Sixteen people. That is huge. Its not the best having a birthday during a pandemic but I think he still enjoyed the day. We made his fave supper and had his fave dessert, played his fave game, and had fun reminiscing and watching video's of him growing up. I'm extremely proud of him and will do my best to really relish the last few years we have with him at home. Teenage boys don't typically like getting their picture taken or being posted about so we'll just leave at that. We sure love you Nate!


And now we are on to all things Christmas. Movies, music, baking, and of course decor. I'm pretty simplistic when it comes to decorating. I just like to put little touches here and there.















I love tree ornaments. Anyway, I hope you are finding joy and enjoying this special time with your family. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment