Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Shy Ann dance competition (part 2)

May 2, 2018

Guess I better finish up blogging Edmonton seeing as we're off to our next competition in just a few short hours. So besides the actual dancing our favourite part of competition season is all the fun we have with our friends, at the hotel, and eating out. We always have the best time and really enjoying hanging out with our dance family.

The girls got in lots of swim time while we were there.



One of our evenings we walked a few (or more like 5) blocks to the Cactus Club with some friends. It ended up taking longer then we thought and then we had to wait 30 minutes to get seated. The girls were great. Hayley needed to be piggy backed the whole way home though. Luckily there was enough adults to take turns. (thanks Tamara). These crazy adventures always make the best memories though.






On our day off we spent the afternoon at West Edmonton Mall. The night before that when I went to park my van I did a horrible parking job and Tara was like "you can not leave it like that" so I tried to fix it but ended up just pulling forward hastily to the next row. In the morning I noticed a paper on my dash and it was a note from the vehicle in front of mine complaining that I had pulled right up and was kissing their bumper. They wanted me to call them. Sure enough I was touching there bumper. I honestly feel like I would know if I had hit another vehicle but I guess I was a little distracted when parking. Luckily there was no damage and I ended up texting the people and apologizing. I never heard anything back from them. Just one of the many weird things that happened at this competition. We enjoyed the mall and Hayley was really happy to buy an LOL pet with her money she won for dance. She played with that thing hard for the rest of the trip.

Watching the Sea Lions




The last morning we got into the van to head to the theatre and Tara was like "where are my sunglasses" I told her to check the center console where I put all of mine. We looked and there was nothing in there. That was super weird because I leave all my sunglasses in there. I couldn't figure out where I would have put them when it dawned on me that they must have been stolen. I'm like a nazi when it comes to locking my van (remember how I locked my keys in the van at last years competition) but we were unloading so much stuff the night before I must have forgotten. Seriously though, like the first time I've ever forgotten and stuff gets stolen. Luckily sunglasses are all I leave in my van. I was pretty bummed though. I loved my aviator Roxy pair and they weren't cheap. Tara only had a cheap pair so she wasn't too concerned with them. Then I asked if she ended up taking her leather coat in that she had been leaving in the van. Nope. That's when we realized that had been stolen too. I felt so bad about her coat. Seriously, so distracted and off balance this competition.

I was worried about having Hayley this time around because I was so use to it just being M and I and Hayley is a bit more needy. She did great though. We had a couple of moments where she was driving me crazy but there were so many people to help out with her. Some of the intermediate girls helped out a ton with her and Hayley was in heaven with all the attention. I feel like I was saying "where is my child" a lot though. She had so much fun and doesn't stop asking when we are leaving for the next one.

Watching the older girls warm up
Everyone gets a buddy for competition season too. They buy each other little gifts and wish them luck and its the best thing ever. Both my girls love their buddies this year.



We are excited to see what adventures lie ahead for the next two competitions!

1 comment :

  1. That suck about your things that got stolen. Good luck in upcoming competition.

    ReplyDelete