Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Easter Weekend.

Mar 30, 2016

We headed to Okotoks Friday morning to spend Easter with the Malacko's. We had a great weekend of good food, games, and fun. The Easter bunny wasn't coming to our house this year so it was nice that Cody and my Dad and Penny had some treats and gifts for the kids. I honestly hate buying crap for my kids at Easter. We told them that the Easter bunny (they know he's not real) paid for their dance, basketball, and baseball this year and took them to Disneyland recently, not to mention the countless things that he does for them on a daily basis. They took it pretty well and McKenna even got Ryan and I a little gift for Easter to say thank you. They did do a few Easter egg hunts, played baseball and at the park, and had a campfire in the backyard one night. They had a really fun weekend. I hope they realize that spending time with family and pursuing their talents is more important and meaningful then a basket full of treats and stuff. Thanks Dad and Penny for the fun filled weekend.








The kids weren't too sure about the safety of Grampa's fire at first. Once it died down a bit they really enjoyed it.


4 comments :

  1. I love what you said to your kids! I think it is so easy to get caught up in all that basket stuff... I actually felt a little guilty cause we don't give the big Easter baskets. We keep it pretty simple and decorate eggs and do a hunt. Thanks for sharing your perspective as always my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! You're Camo pants!! Ate those leggings or pj's? I want camo leggings so bad!;) looks like you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe this reminds me of an article/post I read the other day, you may enjoy: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/can-we-bring-the-holidays_b_2903040.html

    ReplyDelete