Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Canmore & some housekeeping.

Feb 17, 2016

We were able to go to Canmore for a couple of days to visit Jody and Shannon. It was fun to go somewhere with some snow but still nice weather, not to mention it's in the mountains and is just so stinkin beautiful. I love the mountains. We left late Sunday morning and arrived early afternoon. We went for a walk along the creek by Shannon's house, and then ordered pizza at Jody's pizza place Redrock Pizza. It really is our favorite pizza place (and I'm not just saying that cause Jody's my brother in-law). We always have a really good meal. Then we spent time playing on the wii and playing some games, like apples to apples and charades. For charades we all made a list of things to act out and then cut them up on slips of paper. Each person took a turn acting out as many as they could in a minute. It was so much fun. There were definitely some really funny one's. My favourite was Ryan having to act out giving birth. We laughed so hard. A great way to end the night.






Happy Valentine's Day from my red pepper boys.

Monday we went to Canmore's leisure centre Elevation Place and did some wall climbing and swimming. It was the first time we've taken the kids and its been a really long time since Ryan and I have done it either. It was really fun but really hard. The actual climbing wasn't hard but my arms are just not use to being used so much. They were so sore after doing one climb, so I only did a few climbs. Ty was the only one out of the kids that actually did a harnessed climb. He loved it and did a whole bunch of climb's. The other kids loved climbing the smaller wall's that you could climb without going too high. We all had lots of fun. Then we went swimming. They have a nice little pool with a waterslide, and lazy river. The only thing that sucked was the line up and wait to get into the hot tub. They were only allowing 25 people in at one time. Who does that? We had fun though. We went back to Shannon's for lunch and a rest and then headed downtown Canmore and hit up the Candy and toy store.

The kids played some kind of bus game for awhile. I love it when they all play together.






It was Ryan's birthday so we went out for dinner while Shannon watched the kids. It was nice to get out and celebrate just the two of us. We ate at a delicious restaurant called The Wood. It was really good and we both enjoyed our meals. Their Sweet Potato fries were amazing. We would definitely eat there again. Shannon ended up taking the kids to Boston Pizza, and we even got home before them. I thought it was funny we got home before our kids on our date night. We were happy to get home and into our p.j's though. Then we all watched Hotel Transylvania 2, which was really cute.



We woke up and headed home in the morning. We had such a great visit. Thanks Shannon and Jody for hosting us and for the fun. Can't wait till next time.

Just a couple more things I have to mention...

Ty got a fish for his birthday. He is quickly becoming a member of the family. His name is Bob, but I call him Bobilicious. I am not a pet person, but I actually quite like this fish.



Can we talk about Grease Live! I hope you all got to see it. I loved Grease when I was growing up and was not disappointed. I thought they did such a great job and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I PVR'd it and plan on saving it and rewatching it again and again.


Oh and just my lucky day...I found this peppermint bark chocolate from Ghirardelli's in M's coat pocket all the way from Downtown Disney. You better believe I indulged. Sorry McKenna, finders keepers.


1 comment :

  1. Every time you write about that pizza place I start craving it. :) Looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete