Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Canada Day.

Jul 13, 2015

Summer is in full force, hence why I am getting so behind on my blogging. When I was at my friends grave site during his funeral I noticed that there were no flowers on my Mom's grave. The kids and I bought some flowers and took them to her. We haven't been in a while. The kids kept saying we were going to Gramma Kim's house. I think Hayley was pretty confused.


McKenna picked out some pretty pink flowers. Hayley thought Gramma Kim might like some cupcakes as well but I told her that Gramma Kim would want her to have them instead. She didn't object.



Canada Day we did our usual celebrations in Raymond with all my extended family. It is always so fun and so good to see everyone, and have all the cousins play together. My niece came for a sleepover afterwards. We wanted to wait for the fireworks but were too tired. Luckily we hit Lethbridge's as we were driving through and we pulled over and the kids got out and watched them. It was a good day. The kids fell right to sleep when we got home.











I can't even express how grateful I am to live in a free Country like Canada. Sometimes I take for granted just how lucky and blessed I am to have the freedom's that I do. I think one of the most important things that we need to remember is to keep fighting for our freedom's. The less government control in our lives the better for all of us. I've been horrified to hear of all the bizarre stories in the news of a Mother being arrested for keeping her child home from school over the allotted days the school allows because they were sick, or taking kids away from their parents because a 10 year old and 8 year old were alone at the park. Its crazy. The Government should never be able to do things like that. So lets continue to enjoy our freedoms and continue to work together to keep them.

Happiest Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment