Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

A whole lotta Waterton.

Jul 17, 2015

I got to spend three days in Waterton over the last week. I LOVE Waterton. We try to spend as much time as possible there over the summer. The first day the kids and I met our very bestest friends the Smith's there. They were in town visiting family in the Lethbridge area and set a day aside just for us. Taylor and Judy are the kind of friends that you don't have to see all the time but the bond we have is so strong we always pick up right where we left off. I love it because we always jump in to the deep conversation right away. I absolutely love chatting and connecting with them on such a deeper level. Not to mention that Taylor and I grew up together and have known each other since grade one. We have so many memories and so much history. The kids and I went in earlier and played on the beach and then had a picnic lunch. Then we met the Smith's at the park and our kids played while we chatted. The kids needed a little push to get reacquainted but then they were all friends again. Then we hiked to Bertha Bay. It was a bit longer then we expected but the time went quickly as we visited. My kids are great hikers, so my job was pretty easy. We played at the bay for a bit and then hiked back into town. Hayley was so tired hiking back. I was holding her hand and I could tell she was falling asleep. I carried her the rest of the way down, about 20 minutes. I was quite impressed with myself. Then we went to Subway for supper. Judy and I got sweet potato fries from Wieners of Waterton instead cause they are pretty much the best ever. Then we went back to the park for a little longer but then sadly the Smith's had to leave. We had such a fun time. Not sure when we will see them again. They live really far away, but I know when we do, we will pick right up where we left off. I am grateful for good friends. Thanks for the fun day Smith family:)







The second day I went with the YW's for camp. We were camping on our family land and decided to spend one of our camp days in Waterton. We did a service project first. We pulled weeds for an hour and a half just off the road. It was really hot out but everyone worked hard and we got a lot done. Waterton is one of my favourite places and we spend a lot of time there so it felt really good to give back and help them keep the park pretty and well taken care of. We were all pretty hot when we were done so we headed to Red Rock Canyon and played in the water and hiked up the Canyon. It is so pretty there. The girls loved the roller coaster road. I think I'm their new favourite person after that:) Then we headed back into town for ice cream and throwing rocks in the water. Another really great day with really great people. I always have so much fun with my girls.



Dave and Jacki are here for a visit so of course the first thing we did was go to Waterton for the day. The kids really, really love their Olsen cousin's and its always really exciting when we get to spend time with them. We hiked up Bears Hump. It really is one of my favourite hikes. All up hill, but not too long, and the view is always worth it. Nothing beats that view. We played at the park for a bit, then had ice cream and played at the beach. We went to Cameron Falls and some of us did the little walk up to the top. Then we went to Wieners of Waterton and then headed back to the farm. Another beautiful day in Waterton. Summer doesn't get much better then that.








1 comment :