Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Getting so big.

Apr 22, 2014

I've been meaning to write this post on my not so little girl for a few months now, but just haven't gotten around to it until now. Hayley is 2 and a half and has grown so much. She has made some big changes in her life lately.

She no longer sleeps in her crib and has moved to a toddler bed. She loves her bed but bedtime isn't as easy as it use to be. Sometimes she will fall asleep in her own bed but most of the time we have to lay with her in our bed then move her to her bed. I remember all my kids going through a phase like this and they all sleep awesome now, so I do have hope that she will one day too.

A couple of months ago she lost her soother and we never bought a new one. She asked for it for the next week occasionally but that was all. My only fear was that she would be the one to eventually find it. I lectured the kids that if they found it they had to give it to me. Luckily I found it and showed McKenna. McKenna wanted to give it to her but I said no we're putting it in the garbage. She was really quite sad and said "No Mom, don't put it in the garbage. Hayley looks so cute with it. Just let her have it until she is three" Don't worry, I threw it in the garbage.

She loves being a big girl and is always wanting to do EVERYTHING by herself.

She's been having a hard time adjusting to nursery. The last couple of months we will go in with her and then sneak out, she'll cry for awhile then stop and be fine the rest of the time. This week though she wouldn't stop crying so we had to stay with her until nursery was almost over. I think the last 15 minutes she finally stayed by herself. It is still a work in progress.

She speaks very well. Most people can understand her.

She is definitely a two year old with that bi-polar personality. She's so cute and funny, and sweet and has us all charmed, but then she is stubborn, and demanding, and screams and throws massive fits. It must be such a hard age to be.

She plays so well on her own. Her favourite thing to do right now is play with her princesses. She will play up in her room for an hour by herself with those things. She loves Frozen and watches it a couple of times a day. She knows all the songs and her and McKenna will even act little scenes out. It is so cute.

I really can't believe my baby will be three in only 4 short months. It is a little bitter sweet. I am looking forward to seeing what this little girl will offer the world one day. We sure love you Hayley bean.



We've had quite a bit of fun with this t-shirt...we've played a few tricks on our siblings. No I am not pregnant. It is just a hand me down:)

No comments:

Post a Comment