Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Life and Death part 2.

Nov 22, 2017

Man I have so many amazing people in my life. When I open my heart and share personal things I love knowing that people have read it. I love hearing your thoughts, experiences, and desire's. It's so amazing that we can learn and grow from one another. After reading over my post again there were just a few things I wanted to add.

It kind of sounded like I was maybe still searching for peace or searching to know what happens after we die, but that was just a small moment I had, which I think we all have sometimes. I actually have found peace with my Mom's death. It did take me a long time to find it though. It was a long, hard journey but I'm happy to say I did find what I was looking for: peace and comfort. The thing is, I didn't find it from the things I thought I knew. I was sad and depressed for years afterwards and just couldn't find peace with what I was taught to believe, what I did believe. I actually found it when I admitted that I didn't really know, and I actually find beauty in not knowing and don't feel like I need to know for sure. I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying no one really "knows." In my mind "knowing" means that there is fact or proof in that thing. I just feel saying "I believe" or "I feel" are better ways to express idea's that can't necessarily be proven. You of course can completely disagree with me, but I think that saying I believe instead of I know doesn't diminish the things you are saying. There is power in our beliefs. They are what drive us. I love how my friend said she "chooses to believe because it motivates her to be better, gives her hope, and helps her find joy". I think that is amazing and any belief that makes you feel that way is worth holding on to.

But I don't think there is one way to find peace, or one religion, culture, or belief that is the best, or only way to bring happiness and joy to everybody. We all find what resonate's with us, what moves us, and sometimes we change or mind, sometimes a few times, but the important thing is that we find it. That is all I want for anybody. Life can be hard so when you find that one thing that just makes sense to you and brings you peace, then hold on to it, share it, but don't expect its going to be the same for everybody. Just because it brings peace and joy to you, doesn't necessarily mean it will for others. We are all so different. That is one of the beautiful things about being human. Celebrating our differences with love and acceptance. Some of my most cherished relationships are with people who have very different thoughts and idea's about things. Don't be afraid of that. When someone believe's or say's something that might seem like its challenging your beliefs because it's the opposite, its actually not. Its just showing that there are many beautiful and wonderful idea's out there. If you believe it, then there is power in that no matter what anybody else says. Seriously though, I find peace and strength from all of you and I hope we can always share the things that are in our hearts with each other even if they are different. Thanks for stopping by, always.

Oh, and blogging is so awesome and therapeutic. If any of you ever decide to give it a go, I would love to follow and support you.

No comments:

Post a Comment