Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Grateful.

Oct 15, 2017

We just had Thanksgiving last weekend. We went out to my in-law's for dinner on Sunday. We had an amazing dinner, and an amazing time visiting. Family is pretty much everything. If there is one thing I want to do right in this life, its to spend enough time with my family. We are lucky to live pretty close to all of them, but busy lives can still get in the way of that. I want to do better and try and see or talk to them more often. My Mom was such a good example of that and was always gathering her family together. And of course I would give anything to be able to spend just one more day with her. I don't want to have any regrets when it comes to giving my love and time to my family. Every single one of them.


The majority of the weekend was spent at the dance studio. The girls are learning their duo's, and solo, so we were there Friday, Saturday, and Monday. I am so grateful that they have found something that they are passionate about. They work so hard and spend so much of their time dancing. I love watching their talent grow and see how it is shaping who they are. Last year it was like pulling teeth to get McKenna to practice her duet. This year she has taken the initiative with her practicing. I usually tell her she should practice and then she decides what and how she's going to practice and when she feels satisfied and is done. She has also been setting her alarm for school and is getting up an extra 15 minutes early to get her stretching in. I am already in love with her ballet solo and duo, and can't wait to see her perform them. Hayley loves to practice so that hasn't been a problem so far. She is doing so well with her duet. Its interesting because I find she picks up on things a bit slower then McKenna did at her age, but she will come home and practice till she gets it. And I love how McKenna helps Hayley and always has some corrections for her. lol.


Love these two so much.

The weather is starting to cool down, and when I say cool down what that really means here is that it turns freezing cold like winter over night, but then can be back up to 15 degrees within a matter of days. The weather is so bipolar here. This week its supposed to be warmer but super windy. And we're talking a biting cold wind. Sure makes me grateful to have a nice cozy house. This is how I cope...



An nice fire, pumpkin muffins, and of course tea always. My favourite right now is the Fall flavoured David's Chai tea's. Pumpkin spice, s'more's, and white chocolate. So yum. We also eat a lot of pumpkin baking. Pancakes, muffins, cookies...I love pumpkin season. Ryan has been getting the garage ready so I can park in it. He finished painting and is now building shelves and organizing all his stuff. Hopefully I can start parking in there in the next few days. I am so grateful for a garage. And a husband who can fix and build anything. I have so, so much to be grateful for.



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you're enjoying the sporatic days of Fall while they last.

1 comment :