Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Goodbye 2016.

Jan 3, 2017

I try to get a letter out with my Christmas cards every year but I didn't even get Christmas cards out, so a letter on my blog will have to suffice. We just got family pictures this Fall and my sister made some cards for us, but I just didn't have the energy to get them out. Feeling a little burnt out this December, but I'm hoping to use them for next year still. Some people tell me that's not allowed, but I think its fine. One thing I can already check off my list for next year. Anyway, on to the letter.

Dear 2016,

You have been really good to us this year. One of the most exciting things is that we sold our house and started building a new one. Ryan and I put a lot of thought in creating it and seeing it all come together is so exciting and rewarding. We are hoping it will be move in ready sometime in March.

Nate just turned 12 and is in grade 6. The only year I will have all 4 kids in the same school. He has been babysitting tons for us and is helpful around the hose. He loves his electronics and spends time on the xbox, and his Iphone. He loves basketball and can't wait for the new season to start in January. He is really creative in his writing, film making, and creating games for his siblings to play. I can't believe only one year until I have a teenager on my hands.

Ty will turn 10 in January and is in grade 4. He is still my ball of energy and is always talking, singing, or doing head stands. There have been many times I've almost been kicked in the head just sitting on the couch. He is funny and witty and is always making us laugh. I love his confidence and his ability to make friends quickly. He is really into parkour and hanging out at the skate park with his scooter. He is super social and is always wanting a friend to play with.

McKenna will turn 9 in February and is in grade 3. She is kind and helpful and is such a good big sister to Hayley. She is patient and laid back just like her Daddy. I love spending time with her...shopping, playing cards, and doing yoga. She still loves dancing and has added a few more dances to competition this year, including a duet. She also added acro this year and has mastered the headstand, and is now working on the bridge and hand stands. We love hanging out with our dance family. She is starting to do her own hair and is figuring out her own style. I love watching her grow.

Hayley bean is 5 and started kindergarten this year. It was a shaky start but she is doing awesome now, and loves it. She is stubborn and intense at times but also gives the best hugs and tells us she loves us often. She is very kind and is always finding ways to compliment people and say nice things. She spends a lot of time writing her letters and is getting really good, and can spell all of our names and a few other words. She has especially mastered writing "I love you". She realized her love for swimming this summer and is a little fish. She also loves dance and is doing jazz and ballet.

Ryan has been working for Southwest Steel and Construction as a project coordinator for just over a year, and is liking it. He has been travelling a bit for work this year, mostly to Saskatchewan. He spends most of his spare time building our house. He is such a hard worker and is putting so much into this house. I am so grateful for him. It has been hard for me having him gone all the time but I know it will be worth it. I am holding down the fort here and running kids here, there, and everywhere. I also watch Will and Lily a few times a week. We really adore those two cuties. I am always finding ways to eat better, exercise, and take better care of myself, and have found a new love for making video's.

We are so excited to see what 2017 brings us. A new home and more travelling for sure. Thanks for always loving and supporting us, we hope you get everything you work for in 2017.

Well 2016, its been fun. Thanks for everything. Bye bye.

We are ready for you 2017.


1 comment :

  1. Nice to read all about your happenings. Best of luck in 2017. I gave a friend that stopped giving Christmas cards. Said it was to hectic that time of year and they got lost with all the others. She now mails them in February as a family valentine card. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete