Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Thanksgiving and stuff.

Oct 16, 2016

We finally got around to celebrating Thanksgiving yesterday. The boys and Hayley went out to the farm Friday night and slept over. The rest of us met them out there Saturday morning. We ate a yummy turkey dinner, played card games, and visited with family. It was a beautiful day so the kids spent a lot of time playing outside. I am honestly so grateful for so many things in my life, but the top 3 at this moment are:

my amazingly hot and hard working husband. Sometimes its annoying that he has such a good work ethic, but mostly its great. He works hard each day at his job, and then comes home and works until late into the night on our house. Weekends are also spent working on the house (I did talk him into taking Saturday off for Thanksgiving), and he never complains. When something needs to be done, he does it. Its hard not having him around but I know our house is going to be well built and the sooner it is done, the sooner we can have our beautiful home and our husband and Dad back full time again. Bottome line: I know I can count on Ryan for anything. It feels good to have that in my life.

My children. They can annoy the crap out of me, but they are pretty fabulous kids. Nate has been an all star babysitter and has made my life much easier not having to drag kids with me here there and everywhere. I love how much Hayley loves him and that he brings her comfort when Ryan or I can't be there with her. All the kids are so good to her and help out with her so much. I love it. I love watching them grow and am so proud of each of them.

Our good health. I am always so grateful for my strong and healthy body. I love learning how to keep it at its best form, and it really has been so good to me. But also my whole family has great health. The kids are rarely sick and when they are its never been anything overly serious. We get to enjoy so many things in life because we have strong, healthy bodies.

Again, I have so much to be grateful for. Those are just a few of the things.

We got snow last weekend. Its always bittersweet when we get the first snowfall. I hate the cold weather, but I love seeing the kids so excited to go play in it. I also think it looks so pretty when everything is covered in white snow. I also love being warm and cozy in my house while its cold and snowy out. It makes me feel so comforted and safe. We spent the whole weekend at home and it was so nice. I broke out our puzzles and spent the whole weekend putting puzzles together.




If you didn't know by now, I'm a little obsessed with Disney


Nate use to do this puzzle over and over when he was just 3 years old. He's still got it!
I finally got a much needed haircut. My friend Tara cut it, and I love it. Its so great having friends that share their talents with you. I am also grateful for the good friends my kids have. I am so happy that they each have some really wonderful friends, and one's that I even like. While the boys and Hayley went to sleep at the farm, McKenna had a sleepover with Elliot. They had so much fun. They made fairy houses, ate treats, watched a dance movie, and played and giggled the whole time. It was such a fun night.




Life is pretty darn good.

1 comment :

  1. I couldn't believe how much snow that first fall brought. Sounds like a nice cozy weekend in.

    ReplyDelete