Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

B.O.O.T camp.

Jul 8, 2014

Build on our testimony's was the theme of YW's camp this year. I only ended up going for one night because a couple of the girls could only go for one night so I offered to drive them home. I had family from Utah coming the next day too so I wanted to be home to spend as much time as possible with them. We left Wednesday afternoon and set up our camp as soon as we got there. I always have such a good time at camp. We really have the best girls and they are a joy to be around. We each had to have a platoon name and the girls chose Royals. For our skit they came up with new lyrics for the song Royal. It was really good. They did a fantastic job performing it. We watched a movie outside after our skits and a couple of games. It was after 10:00pm by then and I was pretty darn tired. All I wanted to do was climb into bed. We watched a movie that was over 2 hours. I seriously thought it was going to end about 5 times, but it just kept going and going. It was a little painful. But it eventually ended and I got to go climb into bed. I didn't sleep hardly at all though. I never do somewhere else.

Thursday morning was our hike. It was cloudy and rainy and rained pretty hard for a little while during the hike. It was a pretty easy hike. Once we were at the top the rain stopped and we were able to eat our lunch and enjoy the beautiful view. We had planned on going swimming at the Lake in the afternoon but it was still cool and cloudy. By the time we were headed to the Lake the sun had come out and it was a beautiful, perfect afternoon. The girls swam and canoed. I went on one canoe ride and then was very happy to just lay out in the sun the rest of the time. We got back to camp, made supper and then the Lybbert girls and I headed for home. It was so much fun and I was a little sad to be leaving early but very happy to be able to sleep in my own bed that night. I really love being in YW's. I often tell the Bishop that he is never allowed to release me. I love our girls. They are definitely better then I am and they teach me so much. Besides they are so much fun and keep me feeling young.









When we got back from the hike this is what our camp looked like...some freak wind had blown through.







Now we are headed to my in-laws for the weekend. Our cousins from Utah are here and we can't wait to spend time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment