Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

What I miss most about my Momma.

Aug 30, 2017

-That she just got me. I know I can be emotional and intense and I wear those feelings on my sleeve. I can't hide them and sometimes they just come spewing out. She just listened and loved me through it and never made me feel silly for needing to vent.

-That I could call her anytime of day, sometimes more then once just to share the little things that were happening.

-Her cooking. She was always looking for fun new recipes to try. Family dinners at her place happened more then once a week and were always delicious.

-Seeing how much she loved her grandchildren. She invested so much into the short time that she had with them. I wish they could remember that.

-Our girls weekend getaways with my Grandma and sometimes aunt and cousins. They were so much fun and some of my favourite memories.

-She was just so generous with her time, money, and in helping others. She genuinely wanted to make a difference in other's lives and had such a big heart.

-That I never got to drink tea with her. She'd always drink it with her Mom and sister but I didn't find my love for tea until I was older.

-Showing up at her place in the evenings after I was married just to chat and use her jetted tub.

-Traveling with her. She loved to travel, and we went on many trips to Vancouver, Salt Lake, Edmonton, and I even got to go to New York and Los Angeles with her.

-Her love for musicals and old classics. I'm so glad I grew up watching them.

Thanks for all the good memories Mom. I will cherish them always.


4 comments :

  1. Such beautiful thoughts about your Mother. I guess the best way to preserve her beautiful legacy, (this applies to any of us and our Mothers who have died) is to follow her strong example of "Standing up for what she believed in and having the courage and strength to carry on with it all and teach her children the same values" so that her legacy is never lost.
    LOVE AND BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was one of the most lovely people I ever met and definitely taken from you way too soon. I now understand what it's like to lose a parent and it sucks. I imagine that the pain of missing them never really gets better, you just learn to live with it. Love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelli, this aches my heart. I am very new to grief with the loss of my nephew and it has been so hard. I am sending you my love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mother was a beautiful human being with a beautiful soul. I am so grateful for the love and example that she was to me. Sending you love. xo

    ReplyDelete