Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Class Act and Update.

May 2, 2017

Yikes. I'm getting pretty behind on updating. A lot has been going on, which is usually why I don't get around to updating as often. Two weekends ago, McKenna had her second dance competition in Calgary. We ended up staying at my Dad's for the duration which was really nice. Hayley ended up coming too but stayed with my sister while McKenna danced. I had Ryan whip this up for us before we left.



Makes it a lot easier to haul and hang up all the dance things. They danced really well all weekend. The judging was a lot harder this year then it was last year, which I actually don't mind. M got gold's for all her groups, except a high gold for La Corsaire, and also gold for her duet, but was again just .4 points away from high gold. They received most outstanding for La Corsaire, and her duet, and most promising for their tap, and modern group. She had noticed that an individual would get called out and win a scholarship for standing out and really wanted to win one. I told her she had to have lots of energy and smile through the whole dance and she was determined to win one for their jazz routine. She seriously danced her heart out and I thought she did amazing. When the adjudicator was handing it out he was walking directly to their jazz group and for a split second I was sure it was going to her, but it went to someone else in her group, which is awesome. I think there are so many people who deserve it. She was pretty bummed about it for a bit though. But I told her that those things were fun to win but that it didn't matter. Just go and dance your best each time and knowing that you did your best means more. Its so hard to get picked out of a sea of dancers. I'm just so proud of her every time she steps out on that stage and dances no matter what the outcome is. Hayley came to watch her modern group and we had a little scare with her. I told her she needed to stay with me or our friends at all times. I was talking to M about something in the rehearsal room and then turned around and she was gone. I wandered around looking for her, asking people if they'd seen her, texting my friends to see if they were with her. You always hit that moment where your like "when should I start panicking" but then my friend Tara texted that she had her. She had gone into the theatre to sit with my friends daughters and then tried to come out and they wouldn't let her out because it was in the middle of the dance. Poor girl was just sitting there crying. Really door people. I know you have a job to do but if a little girl is crying looking for her Mom I'm sure its okay if you let her out during the dance. I think it scared her enough that she learned her lesson.









Another dance competition in the books. We actually leave for her last one this season tomorrow morning.

We moved over the weekend and then I promptly got the flu. I was going to update on all that but my head can't handle anymore right now so I will get to it eventually.

1 comment :