Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

House update.

Sep 29, 2016

Things are going quite quickly with the house. I hope it keeps at this pace. We are hoping to be able to have it move in ready by March. That's only 5 months! Ryan has been taking some days off to work on it because he is anxious to get certain things done before the weather turns cold. We got the fireplace framed in, a front porch half built, the concrete for the basement was put in, soffit and fascia is on, and windows and doors have started to go in. We hired someone to do the shingling which is taking awhile. He hasn't been showing up very often, but that will hopefully be done by the end of the weekend. Ryan has been working his butt off. I appreciate his work ethic but sometimes it is hard to be a single Mom. I keep reminding myself it will all be worth it. Timing is definitely perfect right now when the kids are quite independent, and Nate can babysit. If we would have built when they were young I think I would have lost my mind.






We've been going to show homes the past couple of weeks for the parade of homes and I must say none of them got me quite as excited as my own home. I love my layout and think there is nothing quite like it out there right now. I have also really enjoyed making video's of our progress. It is a hobby I am really loving and want to put more effort into. Here are a couple new one's of our updates if you haven't seen them on other social media yet. Click here and here to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment