Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Extra Curricular Activities.

May 29, 2015

Being a Mom of babies and toddlers is busy. Mostly because they are busy and need so much from you, but atleast you can stay at home and not go anywhere if you choose. My schedule wasn't really packed and busy like it is now with older kids. Of course it again is all by choice. Honestly though, I Love it. I love being busy with my children's extra curricular activities. Here's what we've been up to lately:

We got the boys all registered for Football in the fall. They were so excited to get their pads and gear that they had to go try them out in the backyard. I love that they have each other to play with. They will be on the same team this year which will be awesome. They will be playing for the Chinook Coyotes.




Baseball is still in full swing for Ty. He had his first tournament last weekend where they played some of the teams from the South West league. The North league has 5 teams playing this year, the South West has 13. Crazy. I don't know why they don't just send a few teams to play on the North League so we have more teams to play, or just combine the two. Oh well. Ty is really loving his coach and team and he is improving so much. He's been pitching a bit and is getting better at that. He's also been hitting really good too. He usually plays short stop or 2nd base.



Ty's been training for the little souls Marathon for the last few weeks. He runs at school and home on the weekends, and then they all meet together and run the last couple miles at the little souls Marathon held at Chinook high school. It is a really great event. He got a t-shirt and a medal, and a hamburger and chocolate milk. He wasn't sure about it during the training and complained a lot, but he did it and I think he still wants to do it again next year.



The kids are also in Swimming Lessons Saturday mornings. They are all doing really well. I think learning to swim is really important and I'd like all my kids to get their life guarding one day. McKenna is still having regular dance classes. They are working on their Year End Show routines. June is a busy month for her with pictures, dress rehearsals, and then the Year End Show. Its always a busy, but exciting end to her dance season.

We have had some gorgeous weather too. Last Friday was beautiful so we went to Park Lake for the afternoon. See, we do get to relax and have fun too:) The kids had fun catching minnows, playing in the water, and playing at the park. I had fun laying in the sun reading:) We cannot wait until summer.



I found this note taped to my door the other morning...


It says "Dance like you mean it. Work hard and do your best." Love McKenna.

I loved finding it and thought they were very wise and inspiring words. This is why I love having my kids in extra activities. It builds their confidence, teaches them to work hard, to work well with others, teaches them the importance of listening and following directions, keeps them busy and out of trouble, and its fun. I think its worth it to be busy with these activities. I love watching them nurture and excel at their talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment