Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Happiest Halloween.

Nov 2, 2014

Halloween is an interesting holiday for me. Leading up to it I really despise it and wish it never existed. I hate buying or coming up with costumes, buying candy, having all that candy in my house after. I don't know, it really is a holiday I can do without. Once the costumes are put together and it is Halloween night, then I usually feel a bit better about it. I guess the kids excitement rubs off a little. It is always fun to see them trick or treating. This year we had school costumes and outside costumes. McKenna was going to be Princess Sofia at school but then came home the day before all upset and not wanting to be her because her friends thought it was babyish. What? They are in grade one. They are supposed to be babyish still. So she ended up being a ballerina for school and then went as Princess Sofia at night. Nate didn't even want to dress up, and all he would be for school was a boring basketball player. Hayley was a lady bug who only wanted to wear her dress and nothing else. No wings, or face paint or anything. See, its just an annoying hassle. Anyway, all turned out and we had a really good time. We met up with my family at my Dad's house in Riverstone where my sister lives and ate pizza first. It was the most beautiful night and we all went out with no jackets. I'm talking t-shirts people. That rarely happens. Maybe that is why I enjoyed going trick or treating with the kids this time. I even attempted to dress up a little. We got way too much candy as usual. I know a lot of people take half their candy to a dentist office and trade it for money. I would love to do that, but am just a tad lazy to actually drive into town to do it. I don't, we'll see what happens.











I had my super saturday the next day. I signed up for some really cute crafts and had a great time visiting. I love the ladies in my ward. Here's what I worked on. This is really the only time I craft so I am quite proud of them.







We had like 16 degree weather Halloween night and then two days later I wake up to this...



Good ol Southern Alberta. Don't worry, its already supposed to be +15 in a few days so it won't last.

1 comment :