Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Wedding Weekend.

Sep 24, 2015

My sister in-law Shannon got married in Waterton last weekend. Jody's been a part of the family for a while now but it was nice to make it official and celebrate their special day with them. Friday after school we headed out to the farm to spend the afternoon with Dave and Jacki and the kids who were just arriving from Utah. We had a nice time visiting. The cousin's seriously play so well together. We didn't hear a peep out of them the whole time. The girls all played downstairs while the boys put all their football gear on and played outside. They even talked their Dad's into joining them. It was really fun to watch. We headed into Waterton for a dress rehearsal (all the kids were in the wedding party) and then we ate pizza for a late supper.

Saturday morning the Olsen cousins came over and played again for a couple of hours and then it was time to get ready for the wedding. Seriously, I feel like getting four kids ready who are in the wedding party was more stressful then my own wedding day. The girls loved their flower girl dresses and the boys looked so handsome in their ties and vests. Thanks to Connie who made the boys vests last minute and did such a fabulous job. Everything was beautiful and perfect and we had an amazing time at the wedding. We are so happy and excited for Shannon and Jody and their new adventure together as husband and wife. We love you two and wish you only the best. Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day. We booked a hotel in Waterton for the night so we didn't have to drive home late. We stayed as late as we could, the girls were having a blast on the dance floor, but Hayley and her parents were quite exhausted. One funny thing I have to mention is when Ty saw the wine on the table he was quite shocked and said "what if people drink it and accidentally get drunk." I think he had his first experience with watching people getting "accidentally" drunk. There were a few people I wanted to thank afterward for showing my children how idiotic and stupid that stuff will make you act if you let it.

We settled into the hotel and most of us had a good night sleep...

Dear Waterton Lakes Lodge,

The tree that was planted right next to our room and hung over the roof right above our room does not make for a good night sleep on a windy night. I was just grateful my children slept through it because it sounded like creepy things crawling all over the roof.

sincerely, one tired Mama.

In all fairness I don't usually sleep well when I'm not in my own home but that just made it extra annoying. Alas, morning came and the kids woke us up and we headed to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. We had a couple of hours before check out so we went swimming in the pool. We had it all to ourselves for most of the time and had so much fun swimming together as a family which doesn't happen very often. They have a nice little pool there. (makes up for the awful sleep I had). I love spending time like that with my family. When we can just have fun and enjoy each other with no other distractions. No to do lists, no extra curricular's, no work, and no friends. It was a beautiful morning. We checked out, and made one more stop at the community centre to help put tables and chairs away and pack up the last of the stuff. Stopped in Cardston for lunch with the family and then headed home. It was a busy, but really fun weekend.

I wish I would have taken more photo's but I guess I was too busy having fun:)














Oh, Ty would not be very happy if I left out his heroic rescue. When we were swimming Hayley got a little too deep and all of a sudden was struggling to touch. Thankfully McKenna saw it and yelled her name. I was out of the pool and yelled to the boys who were closest to her. (Ryan was on the other side at the deep end) Ty saw and immediately went over and picked her up and carried her back to safety. Later he kept saying "I can't believe I saved Hayley's life" I was just glad he was there so I didn't have to jump in:) Good job Ty.


We made Shan and Jody open their gift from all of us before they took off on their honeymoon.

3 comments :

  1. Cure dresses. I heard it was a nice wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.order modalert

    ReplyDelete
  3. hotdealsthanks for the shared this interesting information with us. I really enjoyed your article and waiting for new.

    ReplyDelete