Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Why I Blog.

May 15, 2015

Social media is dominating our world right now. It is very enticing to connect with everyone (and I literally mean everyone) to share information, ideas's, or just promote how incredibly awesome we are:) Some people are very into it and have accounts with every social media program available and some stay far far away from such programs like its the plague. I, like I think the majority of us, have a few of my favourite's that I put time and energy in to. I have a facebook account but actually put very little time into it. I check it once a day to see if I have any alerts, to check important groups that I belong to and I post my blog entries for family and friends. I really don't spend too much time on there, but still use it a little to connect with others so don't want too get rid of it completely.

I love instagram. I love sharing my life with others through pictures and video's. I love that I can follow some celebrities lives that I find uplifting and exciting, and stay connected with friends and family. I usually make a video of all my instagram pics that I posted in a year. Its fun to look back and watch them. But my favourite one is blogging. I started blogging 6 1/2 years ago and have printed 6 journals from my blog entries. I have always been a journal keeper but this has taken it to a whole new level. Like most of us, I have things I want to say, things I want to learn from, memories I want to keep, moments I want to remember, and things I'd like to share with my family and especially with my kids. Blogging for me has been the best way for me to do that. Its super easy. A place where I can organize my thoughts and post pictures and then make a book out of it that my whole family can enjoy. I've been asked how I find the time and its really quite simple. I enjoy it and I think its important, so I make the time. We all have different priorities and this is one of mine. So, to end this blog post sooner then later...why do I blog?

Its to write my family history. When I decide what to post on it isn't what I think will get the most likes, or comments but always something I want to remember or I want my kids and Ryan to know or remember. If I die at 50 like my Mother, or live a long life  my children, and their children, will have years and years of these books to learn and remember from. I can also look back 20 years from now and remember what my life was like "way back then". Bottom line...its MY journal, and I love doing it.

1 comment :

  1. I agree. It's my journal and it has pictures. The kids and I love going back and reading the books after.

    ReplyDelete