Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Mom's Day getaway 2015

May 11, 2015

My sister in-law Britt and I headed to Invermere, BC for a weekend getaway for Mother's Day. We left around noon on Friday. The drive was beautiful and as we chatted away the time went by quickly. We checked in to the hotel and then went into town for supper. We ate at a delicious restaurant that makes Middle Eastern cuisine called Safta's. It was yummy. Then we headed to Radium to enjoy the hot springs. It was a beautiful evening. I just love being in a place surrounded by mountains.







We got up the next morning and headed into town. We walked down the main street and looked in the shops lining the street. We had to go into the bakery and try the Cronuts. I've heard about these things but haven't seen them where I live. Its a donut and croissant in one. They were seriously to die for. One of the best donuts I have ever had. We walked down by Lake Windermere and sat on the beach for a while. It was a gorgeous day. We went and had lunch at a yummy pizzaria and then went back to a couple of shops to get some souvenirs. I got the kids some different chocolate bars and rootbeer. I remember every time my Mom traveled anywhere she would bring us something back. I loved sitting down as she unpacked her luggage just waiting to see what goodies she brought back for all of us. I want to keep that tradition going and do the same for my kids. It was a hot afternoon so we headed back to the hotel and hung out at the pool for the rest of the afternoon. I love laying in the sun and then cooling off in a pool and then laying in the sun..etc. It was such a nice relaxing afternoon. I even got a bit of a tan:) We even got to witness a wedding, which was literally going on like 10 steps away from the pool.

Morning cup of tea in bed. Perfect way to start the day










After the pool we showered and got dressed up nice and went for dinner at the hotel. The food was really good. Then we walked around the hotel grounds. We found a bouncy house and of course had to try it out. We had so much fun being silly. Then we went for one last dip in the hot tub before bed. It really was such an amazing day. Perfectly perfect in every way.










This beauty was to show off my tan line:)
The next morning we headed to the spa in the hotel for a mud bath and massage. It was the perfect way to end our getaway. Neither of us have ever had a mud bath before. It was not like I expected. I thought it would be thick but it was just a mud mixture in water so it was like taking a brown bath. It is supposed to release toxins in the body. It was nice and relaxing and of course the massage was amazing.








Sadly after that we had to pack up and head home. It was such an amazing weekend I could have stayed a few more days. But I missed Ryan and the kids and was excited to head back to them feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. It was the best mother's day ever. The only thing that would have made it better was if my Mom was there with us. We always went on girls weekends with her and my Gramma, sometimes my aunt and some cousins. They were always so fun. Its hard sometimes to see all the social media pictures and shout outs to all the Mom's because it just reminds me that mine is gone. It was a little depressing cause my photo albums are all packed away and I had a hard time finding any pictures of my Mom and I. But I am grateful for the memories that will always be a part of me. Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful Women! Britt, I had the most amazing time with you and am so happy that I can call you my sister and friend. And a shout out to Connie who came in and watched the kids Friday so that I could take off. Isn't being a Woman the best:)

And to Ryan, I couldn't be half the wife and Mother that I am without you by my side. Thanks for letting me take off for the weekend and for always being exactly what I need. Love you forever and always.

1 comment :

  1. Fun weekend. My sister told us about cronuts a few years ago. At that point they where only made in New York. Getting closer. I may get to try in yet. :) Glad you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete