Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Busy week.

May 6, 2015

Life has become very busy. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. Most of it comes from our own decisions. I like being somewhat busy. Its just a matter of prioritizing and choosing the things that mean the most to our family. Ty started baseball last week. So we had two nights of baseball, two nights of dance, cubs and young woman's, which of course is on the same night as both baseball and dance, any spare time Ryan has (which hasn't been much lately) goes to working on the basement and yard. Then we have school homework, spelling tests, and reading. Ty is also in marathon training. Its amazing we have time to breathe!

Last Saturday was our busiest day for sure. The 3 older kids started swimming lessons,  McKenna has been getting prepared for her Tap and Jazz ADAPT exams so she had an extra practice to go to right after swimming, and then Ty had a baseball game in the afternoon. I was lucky to be able to get away in the evening and have a girls night with Mandy and Teale. We went out for dinner and then to a movie. I always have such an amazing time. I have always needed girlfriends in my life and these two are the best of the best. I sure am grateful for them and love spending time with them.

Sunday McKenna had her two ADAPT exams. It's the first time she's done them so I really wanted her to feel as little stress and pressure as possible. I made sure she knew to try her best and that it didn't matter how well she did. Its nice because they go into the room with 4 other kids from their class and do it all together. Their dance teacher had them all prepared so she felt really confidant. She was excited the whole time and came down happy and said she loved it. She really liked the examiner. I'm so glad it was a positive experience for her. She is in a class with a good group of kids and loves to go each week. I love being a dance Mom:) We went out to frozen yogurt as a family afterwards to celebrate. Its so fun and rewarding to watch your children's talents blossom and grow. That is why it is worth it to me when life gets busy like this. We are exhausted after that week but it was so rewarding and knowing it is only for a short time makes it easier. I really love the stage of life that I am in.

Watching baseball from my van because it was so cold and windy. Ty up to bat.


Ready for their tap exam

Ready for their jazz exam

Jazz hands

1 comment :