Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Mind over Medicine

Jan 6, 2015

Well we are officially back into regular life. Ryan is back at work, the kids back at school, and I am babysitting again. Life is busy. But a good busy. I loved our holidays but was ready to get back into a routine. I also got hit with a cold, probably because I wasn't taking proper care of myself, so now I am back to eating well, exercising and getting a good nights sleep. McKenna is back at dance, the boys start basketball, and my yoga class starts next week. Its all very exciting.

The main reason I'm blogging today is to share a book with you that I read over the holidays. Its called  "Mind over Medicine" by Lissa Rankin M.D. It is so amazing and inspiring. She shares her story of becoming a doctor and maxing her self out to the point of quitting her career and moving to the country, and then tells about her journey of how she had to heal her mind and body. I've always believed that our body's can heal on their own and that the mind is really the powerhouse that keeps our bodies functioning but this book took it to the next level for me. How illness comes from being in a stressed state. When its in a relaxed state it is repairing and healing anything unwanted, so if we are constantly stressed, unhappy, or lonely our bodies can't do their job and fight off the unwanted attacks and we get sick. She tells of incredible stories of healing illnesses like stage 4 cancer, miracles that cannot be scientifically explained. How their minds were the root of these curing's. She talks about what we can do to have optimal health and happiness. She is super smart and has done a ton of research. I think everyone should read it. It has changed my life. So hurry up and go read it. Then if you are as excited about it as I am...call me, message me, or just show up at my house...and lets talk. Cause I love to talk:)

No comments:

Post a Comment