Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Zoo Day and more summer fun

Aug 4, 2014

We have been busy enjoying our summer. I can't believe it is already half over. We have had beautiful weather and have been able to do a lot of fun things. We went to the zoo with our friends. It was a really fun day. The highlight was Journey getting through the fence and heading for the flamingo's...luckily I got to her in time. We also loved the butterfly room. The butterfly's were gorgeous and just flew around you. If you were lucky one would even land on you.We had a really good day with our friends.

We had a BBQ and swam in our friends pool. They have the best pool and we love going there to swim. The best part was I can now put Hayley's floatie on and she swims all by herself. I love that she is becoming more independent.

We went to Calaway with my family for my niece's birthday party. Another really fun day. The kids love riding rides and are not afraid to try every one. They loved the big roller coaster. Hayley loved the swings. I loved the food. Dippin dots, and mini donuts. Yum.

We spent an afternoon at Wally's beach with friends. Our friends aunt had her motor boat there and the kids went for their first boat ride and tubed as well. They were in Heaven and all loved it.

And of course we can always fit Waterton into our schedule. We went with my Mother in-law and Britt and the girls. Beautiful weather and great company. Roy and Ryan met us after they were off work and we ate supper and played some more. I think we were there for 8 hours.

We also had some home days where I tried to get caught up on cleaning. The kids will play in our pool and on the trampoline and have just as much fun. We've invited friends over a couple times to enjoy our backyard too.

Honestly it has been one of the best summers. I love that my kids are getting older and its easier to be spontaneous and do fun things.

July, thanks for being the best. Bring on August.


The Meerkats are so cute. I wanted to smuggle one home with me


















We took this pic when we were all together at the beginning of July. Gosh darn I just love these people.

1 comment :

  1. Yay! What a great fun filled summer so far. It is going by to fast isn't it.

    ReplyDelete