Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

2014

Jan 6, 2014

We rang the new year in with Roy and Connie out at the farm. It was really relax and chill. The kids were all in bed by 10:30pm and us adults played card games until midnight, said Happy New Year and then went to bed. It was nice.

I love the beginning of a new year. Making new goals and plans for the year and for our future. 2013 was such a good year for us and I'm expecting 2014 to be even better. Since we bought our house and I quit my job I've been having a hard time realizing that I can't quite live and spend like I use to. I am now ready to stop being in denial and start pulling up my socks and putting all of our extra money into our debt. I am ready to focus and sacrifice so that we can get that burden off of our shoulders. So that is what this year is for us. To go crazy on our debt snowball. It will feel so good to have more financial freedom and to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course I have the obvious goal of getting into shape and eating healthy. Ryan and I got ourselves a Blendtec for Christmas so we plan on drinking a lot of green smoothies. I also want to read more this year and spend more time just hanging out and playing with my kids. Sometimes I think I can be one of those trendy fashionable, crafty Mother's with beautifully decorated homes but I always end up feeling bad about myself and I know its because I've never been one of those people (I think they're great) but its just not me, and when I really take a moment to think about it, I don't really care to be. Sometimes the pressure of social media gets to me. What I love more then anything is being active and spending time doing fun things with my family. So that is what I'm focusing on this year. I'm going to worry less about having my house perfect and looking perfect and more on having fun. This is the time when I can do it, so I need to. Its going to be a fun year!

I also have some spiritual goals. The main one making it to the temple way more often with Ryan. We've really been slacking on that. And also really strengthening my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I feel like I've focused so much on my Saviour that I've kind of forgotten I need a strong relationship with my Heavenly Father as well.

So I just want to say Happy New Year! I hope that 2014 is your best year yet!

1 comment :

  1. Good goals. A lot I am working on also. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete