Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Oahu Guide: Dole Plantation & Shark's Cove.

Feb 23, 2018

I am actually not a fan of pineapple. I will literally spit it out and gag if there is a little piece of it in anything I eat. Things flavoured pineapple I don't mind, but actual pineapple. yuck. I love the dole whips from Disneyland though so I was excited to try the one's from the Dole Plantation. Ryan also swore to me that pineapple in Hawaii is very different then the pineapple we have here and that I might actually like it. I tried some, it was definitely better but still not my thing. We headed to the plantation one morning and got there right as it was opening. We headed to the train first which takes you on a little tour of the grounds. It was very enjoyable.



I had no idea that pineapple's grew this way.





Where to next...Paris. Sounds good to me!
Then we headed to the maze. We got a little map with certain stations you needed to find. It was fun and pretty easy.






Next up, Dole Whip, which did not disappoint. We also got a chocolate covered pineapple on a stick which was super juicy but not my favourite. The Dole whip was amazing of course.




After that we explored the gift shop (its huge) for a bit and bought some souvenirs. All in all, it was fun. We didn't spend a lot of time here and it would have been a lot more fun if the kids were with us. Definitely a fun family place. Next time I would just come for the dole whip.

I have never snorkeled so I was excited to give it a try while we were in Hawaii. We spent the afternoon at Shark's Cove. We ended up buying snorkeling gear at Costco before we left. You can rent them all over the Island but I'd rather use my own. Not a fan of sharing something that goes into your mouth with random strangers. It was such an amazing afternoon. Shark's Cove has a beautiful beach with sand and also some huge rocks which were fun to climb all over. It was really fun to swim with the fishy's too. It took some getting use to. Even though you aren't fully submerged it kind of felt like you were at times. I had a few moments where I was surrounded by fish and I just froze, not really sure what to do. It felt bizarre to be a stranger in their environment. I don't think I could ever do the scuba diving thing. I did love snorkeling though.











I'm excited to experience snorkeling in different places all over the World.









No comments:

Post a Comment