Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Waterton May 2017

Oct 3, 2017

My Christmas gift came early this year (it pretty much does every year)...



Its a Canon M10 and I'm super excited to play around with it. I'm not a super fancy picture taker. I like something that is simple and takes decent pictures. I got this mostly for my video's. My phone doesn't have a lot of storage so I feel like I'll be able to do more with this camera and be able to hold more video's and get a little more creative.

I put the SD card in from my old camera and there were a bunch of Waterton pictures I had taken when we went in May that I had forgotten about. We hiked Bear's Hump which is one of our favourite hike's to do as a family. As you all know Bear's Hump was hit hard in the fire that just happened. We are actually going to Waterton over Thanksgiving weekend so I wanted to post these as like a pre-fire and then I'll post some pics after we go next weekend. I don't know, I never really got caught up in the heartbreak and sadness of it when the fire was raging through. I always just felt like it was going to be okay. That whatever happened we could rebuild and that nature would take its course and re-grow, maybe even more beautiful then before. And thankfully we had amazing people protecting the village and Prince of Whales and there was minimal damage to any of the buildings. I know some were destroyed and that is awful, but it could have been much worse. More importantly, no one was harmed, and I think that is a huge win. Anyway, here are the pics.


















When I think of Waterton its beauty definitely comes to mind, but its more then that. Its memories, family, connection, fun, adventure, and all the happy feels. I know that will never change for us. No matter what happens or happened. It will always be our Waterton.

No comments:

Post a Comment