Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Canmore & Banff.

Oct 2, 2017

Remember when I went to that Roxy Fitness Event over the summer and won first place in the SUP race? I do! That was so awesome. I received my $250 gift card in the mail a while back and have been itching to go use it. Sadly I can only use it in a Quicksilver store which are quite limited in this area. The closest one to me is all the way in Banff. So this past weekend McKenna, Cody, and I headed to Canmore for the night so that I could spend my money. Why was McKenna the lucky child who got to come? Well, Hayley just went for a daddy daughter date and got her ears pierced, and the boys are headed to the Imagine Dragons concert next week with Ryan, so it was her due time for some extra fun and attention. But also between you and me, she's actually the best behaved out of all my kids (well Nate is up there too), and she is super laid back and just goes with the flow. Super low maintenance. (and if my other two kids are reading this then know that I love you and you are always welcome to prove me wrong). Cody has never been to Canmore and Banff so I invited him along to experience it with us.

We left Saturday afternoon and made it up there just in time to visit with Shan for a bit before she had to go to work. Oh my goodness you guys. I don't think I have ever gone in the Fall and let me tell you, it was so incredibly beautiful. The pop of Fall colours just made everything that much more lovely. We ordered pizza from Redrock which was amazing as always, and then headed into Banff to go to the hot springs. It was pretty packed but it felt so nice and we enjoyed our time soaking. When we got back to Shannon's we were all pretty tired.




The next day we were able to visit with Shannon for a bit in the morning as she was just getting home from work, then we went and had breakfast at the Rocky Mountain Bagel Co, which was delicious. I also had to get some green juice from the Mountain Juice Cafe. After breakfast we headed into Banff to do some shopping. It was cold and rainy but luckily within a half hour the rain stopped and the sun starting peeking out. We walked through some of the Main street shops, I did my Roxy shopping and spent a good chunk of my gift card, bought candy for the kids and Ry from the Candy shoppe, and of course McKenna had to get a Beaver Tail.








Then we headed back to Canmore for leftover pizza and to pack up. Even though it was a pretty short trip we had so much fun. I'm glad Cody got to come with us, and we were also able to stop at Dad and Penny's on the way home and had supper with them. So much fun. So I guess until next time (I still have like $72 on my gift card).

Also, today is cold and SNOWY. Blah. No fun at all. Keep warm everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment