Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Year End Show.

Jun 23, 2017

Last weekend the girls had their Year End Show for dance. They spend the whole week rehearsing and then have 3 show's over the weekend. Its always bitter sweet. We love our dance over here so its sad to say goodbye for the summer and to the piece's the girls have worked so hard to learn. But its also a celebration of the great season we just had, and its nice to have a little break before the next one starts. I volunteered to help pretty much the whole week. Its crazy and I was pretty exhausted by the end, but I really love it. I actually thrive on it. I love having a job to do and being in control of something. Seeing it all come together and know you played a part in it feels great to me.The girls did awesome. I was worried that it would be too much for Hayley but she did awesome and handled everything great. Last year she wouldn't let me leave her side and this year she didn't want to leave. I'm impressed with how much she's grown and matured with dance this year and we are jumping in and she is starting competition next year. She'll be a year and a half younger then when McKenna started, but I think she is ready. The studio does awards after the matinee show and both girls won something. Hayley won a scholarship for $75, and McKenna won the 20th Anniversary Award which is awarded to an outstanding solo, duo, and group festival performance in a certain style of dance. This year was ballet and McKenna won it for her duet. Which if you would like to see click HERE. Her and Bella did so well with it at competition this year. We love our dance family and the dance teachers, and we actually love spending our days at the studio. We hope everyone has an amazing summer and we'll see you in the Fall!


Ha ha. Its not always easy to get a good shot back stage. 
Hayley was excited to get her pic on the horse this year





McKenna loved spending time and learning from her buddy Nali this year
Another amazing year in the books! Thanks JDF for another incredible year.

In other news...Nate had his grade 6 farewell the other night. In usual Nate fashion he came home and told me it was tonight. I knew nothing about it because he forgot to give the invitation to me. We had to cancel all the plans we had for the night and the whole family went to support Nate. It was nice to see him with his friends and classmate's. I'm glad he has some good friends and people he feels comfortable with. He is excited to go to Jr. High. I on the other hand am not too sure how I feel about it. His friends best memories about him are his laugh, and his teacher said his dance moves. He also won the remarkable writer award. We had a fun night celebrating our Nate.



Now we are just counted down the days until Summer! Only two school days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment