Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Moving in.

May 11, 2017

Life has been a little crazy, but we have been living in our house for almost two weeks now. The few days leading up to the move were so busy. We were trying to get the house ready for the occupancy inspection, trying to clean it, and trying to pack up the rental. So much to do in so little time. We are so grateful for our family and the moving crew (consisting of family and friends) that came to help us out. It went quicker and smoother because of all of you. It was three days of go, go, go. Saturday night when we were all moved in and I got into bed, the sickness hit. It was like as soon as I let my body rest, the sickness came a creeping in. I got hit with the flu something fierce. So, while I should have been unpacking, I was lying in bed sick. For three whole days. It sucked. Ryan was trying to hold down the fort and work on the house because there is still a lot to finish. Then M and I took off for her last dance competition in Moose Jaw for 5 days. Needless to say, we are all moved in but there is still a lot of work to be done. That's why I haven't been posting too many pictures yet. We finally got all the closets done except mine. Ryan is going to work on our shower and bath tile this weekend. We still have to do the shelves in the mudroom, the stone on the fireplace, paint trim, paint some furniture, stucco the outside, and do the landscaping. Lots to do still. So, I will keep you posted on all the updates, but it might take us a year. But we are in our house, and we absolutely love it. It is a beautiful home and we are all so happy with it. Oh, and it feels so good to have my husband back :)

Love this pic of the doors being painted. Reminds me of Monsters Inc

First meal in our new dining area and new table


This is what my room looked like and all I wanted to do was get into bed 

Walk through pantry all done

H was sick for a couple of days too

Lost her first tooth. Love that little toothless grin

1 comment :

  1. Makes a big difference having husband work on house while you are in it doesn't it. You don't feel like a single parent anymore. :). It is looking good. Congrats on being in.

    ReplyDelete