Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Basketball, Harry Potter, and other stuff.

Feb 20, 2017

The boys just finished their mini basketball league through the school. It was so fun to watch them play on the same team. They are both becoming really good basketball players. Nate has played in other leagues so he is a bit more seasoned and has more control of the ball. Ty is fast and furious and aggressive but tends to lose control because of that. It was fun to see their different styles. They both played really well. The highlight was watching Nate in two separate games, shoot a 3 pointer to tie up the game when they were losing right at the end. Both games they were atleast 10 points behind and both boys were on fire and tied the games up within the last 10 minutes of the game. So intense. I love basketball. It is definitely my favourite sport to watch. 



Last minute my Brother's and Dad decided to go on a guys trip to California to go to Universal Studios. Of course with work and the house Ryan said he couldn't go. He has been working so hard and has been stressed out, plus it was over his birthday, so I talked him in to going. I'm so glad he went and had a good time. He never does anything like that for himself and he definitely deserved to get away for a few days. Here are a couple pics my brother took and sent me because Ryan didn't take any pictures. He doesn't have the same passion as I do with documenting everything :) 



 The best part is he brought back souvenirs for us! He got the boys and I Harry Potter t-shirts, the girls pigmy puffs, and bertie botts for all of us. 




McKenna has been working hard to get prepared for her ballet exams and did the exam a couple of weeks ago. It was her grade 1 RAD exam. She wasn't nervous at all and came down when it was over and said it went awesome. I think I would have been a nervous wreck. I'm glad she is confidant and fearless in doing what she loves.


We are still painting like crazy over at the house. Just working on second coats on the main floor and upstairs. The basement is still being mudded and taped so won't be ready for paint for a little while still, but we wanted to get the rest of the house ready because kitchen and bathroom cabinets will be installed in a couple of weeks.I am loving the paint colors we picked. Can't wait to see it all done. Here is a sneak peek of our feature wall in our dining room.



Yes that's yellow. Its so unlike anything I would ever do but I am excited. I think its going to look so good with my kitchen. 

I tried to do heart hair on McKenna a couple weeks leading up to Valentines day but only got a handful done, and forgot to take pics of all of them, but here are a few.




I have been fighting a cold for two weeks now. This cough just doesn't want to go away. So annoying. I am sure grateful for my tea obsession.


Love my David's tea. So nice in the evenings especially when you have a cold. And Lastly...


These two sat like this for a half an hour just reading books and watching beanie boo video's on the phone.


We've had some nice weather which means park days. Lily found the perfect little seat for her. I'm so happy that Spring is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment