Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Concussion.

Jan 17, 2017

Sometimes it is so hard being a parent. I think the toughest part is that you love these little people so much, that their pain becomes your pain. It sucks watching them suffer. Yesterday I got a call from the school just after morning recess. McKenna had been running and collided with another child. They said her nose was bleeding and her lip was swollen, and that she really wanted me. So H and I went and got her. I thanked the teachers and off we went. As soon as we got in the van she says "What happened?" red flag. A few minutes later, "How did I get in the van" and again a couple minutes later "what happened." She also said she didn't even remember going to school that morning. By the time we got home I knew she must have a concussion. I called Ryan and then the doctor's office right away. The nurse said to keep an eye on her closely and that she should rest with as little light and stimulation as possible. One of the hardest parts was the tears in her eyes and the look of total confusion on her face as to what was going on. So heartbreaking. I don't know how many times I had to answer what had happened to her, but after awhile she would say "I think I said this already" or "did I say that already," and a few hours later she was starting to remember bits and piece's. So relieving. Her head is still dizzy, but I think her lip got the worst of it. In the evening it had gotten worse and was even bigger. I was pretty stressed about it but after texting my SIL Shannon (who is a nurse) she told me they tend to get worse before they get better and that it was just healing, I relaxed and we both slept really good that night. Today she is still pretty sore and dizzy, and the lip is still pretty swollen. Its been a nice relaxing day. I'm kind of surprised that our first concussion wasn't even sports related and that it was McKenna and not one of the boys. They are definitely not my favourite. Just look at this poor girl...






On to a brighter note, we are already half way through January. The weather has warmed up but that just means the wind has picked up and is blowing like crazy, and its a huge melted, slushy mess outside.

The boys started basketball and are loving it. Hayley went skating for Kindergarten and I got to go with her. She did so awesome. She only fell like 50 times...but up she got every time.





The girls enjoying the snow before the Chinook came

Lily loves colouring with the big kids


The kids also did a fun little nail polish challenge. Click here if you'd like to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment