Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Life lately.

Nov 13, 2016

How is it already almost half way through November. Time is just a zoomin by as usual. I have always been a huge journal keeper and I am so glad I have these little blogs to remember our life by. As time goes by, I am more and more grateful that I have spent the time doing this. The other day the kids had all of our blog books out that I have made over the years, reading through them and talking about the memories, and I was reminded why I continue to do it. Life is busy and I don't get to update as much as I'd like, but it is worth it to make it a priority in my life.

I honestly feel like I'm constantly running to keep up with life right now. This is hugely because we are building a house. Ryan spends pretty much all his extra time there, making me a single parent (I don't know how you single parents do it all the time). I am usually super organized and on top of things and I have messed a few things up lately by showing up to swimming lessons when there was none scheduled, and taking Ty to the wrong building for baseball. They may seem like harmless things to you but for me they are huge deals. I hate not being prepared for things. Anyway, I am really starting to feel the weight of this house build. I am not complaining because we are so blessed to be able to do this and I am so excited about this beautiful home that will be ours, but just stating how life is right now. It is hard, but I know it will be worth it. That's what sacrifice is all about. But if you see me and I'm looking tired and frazzled its because I am. But life is good, and I am grateful for each and everyday.

The house is really coming along. The scratch coat is on the house, and the driveway is poured and looking fantastic. The weather has been amazing and we are lucky we were able to get this outside stuff done. The heating is all hooked up, plumbing is done, and the electrical is almost finished. We are almost ready for insulation and drywall.





I have some new video's on my channel. Click here and here  if you'd like to watch them.

Hayley started swimming lessons. She is doing them privately with one of her little friends. She loves it and is naturally a strong swimmer. Ty has started Parkour for the month. He is a little obsessed and is always trying to do flips and stunts. The other day he got up on our garbage bin outside with his scooter and jumped off. Lets just say it didn't go as well as he planned and his mouth took a beating. If he is going to be doing that kind of stuff I'd like him to be trained properly, but this Momma is still a little worried about the injuries that are bound to happen when you love to do stunts like that. He had his first lesson Saturday and is loving it. He also started a winter baseball camp where they are pretty much training for Spring season. It is once a week. McKenna is full force into dance. They are busy getting their festival piece's choreographed and taught. She is in 6 dances this year which doubled from last year. She is in a tap, jazz, and character ballet group, a small modern group, a big ballet production, and a classical ballet duet. It is busy but she LOVES it and never complains. We are getting excited for the festival season as these piece's are coming together and costumes are being picked out. Nate doesn't start anything until Winter but I am sure lucky to have him. He has been babysitting so much and I am happy that I can rely on him while our life is a little more chaotic. He has a couple of good friends that he's been meeting up with after school some days to hang out and I love that he is getting out of the house and being social.

Like I mentioned earlier, we have had fantastic Fall weather and it has helped us out so much. Its been really nice actually having a long Fall. I'm sure Winter weather is just around the corner so we will enjoy it as much as we can right now.

Also, windy day forts, and this cute little bunk bed that my brother made his daughters.



Those cute faces, make the bed even cuter.

1 comment :

  1. Cutest bunk beds. I would hate to make the bed, but they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete