Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

May Long Weekend.

May 25, 2016

Keeping with tradition it rained all weekend. Luckily we are not campers so we enjoyed staying indoors all weekend. Friday after supper we headed to my Dad's house to spend the night. My Dad and Penny were away for the weekend but my sister is living there so we had a nice visit with her. We went and got froyo and Ryan, the boys and I watched Captain America 2 in preparation for the new one that just came out, and the girls watched a movie with Ginger. We went to bed way too late but we got to sleep in so that made it a-okay. Ryan and I headed into Calgary while the kids stayed and played with Ginger all day. They had a fun time as usual. Ryan and I did some shopping and then went out for lunch. Its always nice to spend time together. With our busy schedule it doesn't happen very often. I had been wanting to check out this place in Calgary that makes Gelato called Fiasco Gelato and we finally had the opportunity to do that. It was so yummy. I had cookie dough and blueberry basil, and Ryan got a peanutbutter marshmallow and strawberry lemonade. Yum.



We got back to my Dad's and packed up and headed home.

Sunday I wasn't feeling great so we just relaxed and bummed around. By the end of the day the kids were a little stir crazy and were driving each other and us crazy. Early bed time it is.

Monday we went to spend the day at the farm. We hadn't been out there in forever. We had a nice visit with Roy, Connie, and Steve. The kids surprisingly entertained themselves and played really well all day. We visited and played a few games. In the afternoon the rain slowed down a bit so we got outside for a walk. I love my in-laws land. It is so good for my soul. The rain started to pick up again so we headed back inside but the fresh air definitely did us all good.


The kids made our delicious fruit salad for lunch



My in-laws just built a green house. It is the coolest thing.











The kids had Tuesday off of school so we got an even extra long weekend. The rain finally stopped and the sun was out so the kids spent most of their time outside playing with friends. I spent the day cleaning the house. Then our regular evening activities of dance, basketball, baseball, and softball started up again and just like that, back to regular life. We are definitely getting excited for our no schedule summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment