Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

35.

Apr 20, 2016

I had my birthday a few days ago. I got to spend it doing one of my favourite things...watching my little girl dance. McKenna had her second competition in Calgary at the Edge School over the weekend. Ginger came and stayed with the other three so that Ryan could come experience a competition with us. The three of us headed to Calgary Saturday late afternoon and went and ate supper at the mall, did a little shopping and then headed to my Dad and Penny's to sleep over. McKenna loved having us all to herself and especially loved having a bed all to herself at my Dad's.



We got up in the morning, got ready and headed to the competition. McKenna had all three dances just within an hour of each other so it was busy and chaotic, and very hot, but we made it through and she did really good on all her dances. They got gold for their tap, and high silver for ballet and jazz. Ryan enjoys watching McKenna but he was pretty bored the whole day. He was a trooper though and it was nice to have him there. Not sure how many he will got to over the years. I'm sure just a handful but I'm glad he got to experience it with us.

Even though we were at a dance competition for my birthday I still felt so much love from everyone. My friend Tamara surprised me with a selfie stick, and my friend Tara with some pretty flowers. Even though they had their own kids to get to dance and their own craziness going on that day they remembered me and went out of their way to make me feel loved. They are the best and I really appreciated it. I also felt so much love on facebook and from others at the competition who remembered it was my birthday and said happy birthday. As I get older I don't need a lot on my birthday, its really the little things that make you realize who the people are in your life that really care about you. So thanks for making this girl feel loved.

Trying out my new Selfie stick on our lunch break




We got home late Sunday. It was so nice to be reunited with the kids. Especially this cutie...



Thanks again to my sister for taking such good care of them. Ryan and I were able to go for frozen yogurt Monday night to celebrate and my friends Teale and Mandy treated Hayley, Will and I to a picnic yesterday. It was a beautiful day and it was so nice to spend time with them. I am seriously the luckiest girl. 35 is feeling pretty darn good.

1 comment :