Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Renewal.

Feb 10, 2016

Its been a tough week. McKenna and Hayley both have had the flu, which they each had for a week. The continuous coughing all through the night and having to get up to give tylenol has kept me from having a good night's sleep for awhile. My body and mind start to shut down when I don't get much sleep. I become a zombie, which means the effort to take care of myself tends to become non existent. No green smoothie's, not eating as well, and no yoga. Basically I've been just trying to stay afloat taking care of a grumpy, needy little girl, and keep up with everything else. Yesterday I told myself enough was enough. I was feeling so gross and literally thought I was going to go crazy. I did yoga in the morning, made sure I had a green smoothie and reminded myself that I would have nothing to give to my family if I wasn't taking care of myself. Hayley was still feeling sick and with her sore throat it was hard to get her to eat anything. I knew muffins would do the trick, so I threw away my to-do list for the day and we baked muffins (which was the only thing she ate the whole day) then with some tylenol in her system we headed outside for a much needed walk. It was a beautiful non windy day and it made both of us very happy. It gave my spirit the boost it needed to get through the rest of the afternoon as H was back to her grumpy, sick self when we got home. Poor little girl. With my spirit renewed it was much easier to get through the day. Even though it was a rough night with coughing and not much sleep, Hayley woke up a happy girl and is back to her regular self. Hallelujah. Light always comes after the darkness. I am grateful that even though we have bad days, weeks, even months, that each new day is a chance for a renewal. A chance to make better choices, live better, love more fiercely, and put the important things first. Life is good.

1 comment :