Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Namaste

Jan 30, 2016

Yoga has become one of my favourite things. Last year I took a couple beginner classes at the College with Brit and it quickly became a new love for me. I love how it connects my mind and body, how it relaxes me, and how good I feel after my practice. I've been doing it for about a year now and I feel like a new person. I feel so connected to my body. When something feels a little weird I notice it right away and I just know what I need to do to correct it, or why it might be feeling that way. Its really hard to explain but I just feel this stronger connection of my mind and body. Its actually great exercise and can even get you sweating sometimes, its great for core strength, and flexibility. I also just feel calmer all the time. Things don't stress me out as quickly or as often when I'm practicing daily. And I just feel happier and more content with life. It has really made huge changes in my life and my outlook on things. It has so many benefits. It maintains the balance of your body, boosts your capacity for self healing, balances your emotions, benefits the heart and your other body organs, aligns your posture... it's basically just great for every inch of your mind and body. Have I sold you on it yet?
And the perfect thing about it is that it is super easy to do from home. Just 20 minutes in the morning makes a huge difference. I don't have the time right now to go to any classes so I just do it from home. I'm sure you tube has a million video's for you to follow, but I love the channel Yoga with Adriene. She has over 200 video's of short 20-40 minute exercises, she takes you through the foundations with some of the main poses, and pretty much has everything you could ever need to know when it comes to yoga. I also got this great book Yoga your home practice companion that takes you through everything yoga and shows a lot of great poses and some sequences that you can do. Easy peasy. And who knows, maybe one day you could even do this...



No comments:

Post a Comment