Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Health and Wellness.

Jan 24, 2016

Health & Wellness has become really important to me this past year. My Mom was kind of a health nut so I grew up with a good foundation, but once I started having babies it became harder to find a nice balance in my life. I also had 3 kids close together (when M was born Ty was 1, and Nate 3). My Mom died of cancer a few months after that and my life was literally turned upside down. Instead of being in control of my life, it controlled me. I was living each day just to make it to the next. And while I enjoyed life and have a lot of nice memories, most of the last 5 years was a dark time for me. I suffered through some depression and just felt this heavy weight. As time went by and the kids got older things got better too. The depression was pretty much gone but I would get headache's a lot, and watched a lot of t.v. I think I used it as an escape. I finally decided it was time to let go of the things that weren't bringing me happiness and peace, and start really taking care of myself. The last year has been really amazing for me. I've been learning and growing so much and have found that I'm really passionate about health and wellness. I'm a little obsessed with taking care of myself because I want to be my very best self for my kids, for Ryan, my family, friends, and I want to live a long and adventurous life. I would like to share more about my journey of how I go here, but it's pretty personal so I might share as time goes on and I feel more comfortable. But I would like to share how I'm taking care of myself and finding joy, happiness and good health each day. I want to share it for those of you who are also looking for ways to take better care of yourselves. I want to share with my family and friends and whomever might be interested, but mostly for my future self, my children, and future grandchildren. So my blog will continue to be about my family and our adventures, but also about health & wellness and the things I've been learning, and the things I love. I hope you'll continue to stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment