Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Boxing Day and New Years.

Jan 9, 2016

The Shurtz family was doing their big get together on New Years when all the Malacko's would be at my Dad's in Okotoks, so my family went to my Gramma and Grampa's on Boxing day so we could spend time with them over the holidays. Brit and I cooked a ham and potato dinner and we had a really nice visit. Gramma has cooked for us so many times over the years it was really nice to be able to cook for her this time.

The rest of the week was pretty chill. Ryan and I were both sick for a day or two and we just spent time relaxing.

New Years Eve we headed out to my Dad and Penny's and spent the next couple of days with the Malacko's. We went sledding and the kids had so much fun. Hayley and Ember would go down together by themselves and then each take a side of the sled and walk back up and it really was the cutest thing ever. It was fun until I went down with my Dad and we got some wicked air and I bashed my tail bone. I was almost in tears it hurt so bad, and is still pretty sore. We ate tons of food and played a million games. We put the smaller kids to bed around 10:00 pm, but the older kids were determined to make it till midnight. They watched a movie and then played charade's until midnight then all fell instantly asleep. We had so much fun ringing in the New Year and I actually stayed up till 1:00 am. Such a party animal. New Years day a few of us went shopping to spend our Christmas money. I bought winter boots which I am very excited about. We left for home January 2nd. McKenna had a birthday party in the afternoon and I had a wedding that evening.

McKenna was going to the daughter one of my friends that I've known since grade one's birthday, so I tagged along and hung out with Megs while McKenna partied. We both had so much fun at the party, and its fun watching McKenna and Alivia become friends.


After the party I was feeling pretty exhausted and lousy so I had a bath and went to bed. I was sad to miss my friends wedding but I just didn't feel up to going. The holidays are always fun but exhausting. We are ready for the kids to go back to school and get into a routine again.

Happy New Year friends! Hope you had a fun celebrating and I hope 2016 is exactly what you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment