Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Friendship.

Jun 29, 2015

Friendship has and will always be super important to me. I've always had really good friends in my life. There are a handful that have been in my life for a very long time, and even though we don't see each other much we try to keep in touch as best as we can and when we do see each other we can pick up exactly where we left off. I've mentioned the group of guys that I grew up with a bunch of times on my blog. Well one of my friends from that group was in an ATV accident last weekend and passed away. He left behind his wife and 3 children. It was devastating to hear the news and for the next few days after that I mourned his death in my own way. I remembered all the fun memories, looked through pictures, and had a strong desire to connect with the group of friends that he was a part of. My heart ached for his wife and children and I held my family a little closer. Its hard to wrap your mind around this kind of tragedy. The grieving process for my Mom has taught me a lot. It took me 6 years to come to terms with it. The only way I was able to find peace through it was coming to the conclusion that no one (not even Heavenly Father) needs my Mom more then we do. That God didn't decide not to "save" her and then "save" the person down the street in the same situation. He doesn't puppeteer our lives like that. We came to Earth with bodies that can get sick and hurt, and die. That it is just part of our human existence. I believe that God wept with all of us over the loss of my friend. I also know that he is there to comfort us, and help us find peace with our trials and challenges. I pray that my dear friends family will be able to find comfort and peace and will be able to move forward and find much joy and happiness in their lives. you never really heal completely. There will always be a piece of your heart gone, and the grief will come and go throughout the years, but thankfully we have so much in our lives to be grateful for. We can always find goodness and love and that helps move us forward.

The funeral was really nice. It was so nice to be reunited with all my friends. It was special to go to the grave site and see that my friend's grave is right next to my Mom's. It was nice seeing faces I haven't seen in years and years, and it was really nice celebrating and remembering the life of our dear friend. After the funeral a bunch of us friends went and did a few things we loved to do together growing up. We went to Wendy's, then bowling, and then to Boston Pizza. We had so much fun and felt like teenagers again. We have vowed never to let too much time pass without seeing each other or talking again. I am so incredibly lucky to have so many amazing friends in my life.





Luke was seriously one of the best guys I know. He had this energy that was so contagious you just wanted to be around him. He was always happy and positive and knew how to have a good time. There were a few times I was in a crappy mood or felt down and I knew that all I had to do was go hang out with Luke and I would feel better. He was crazy and sarcastic and could give anyone a good smack down with his incredible wit. I was lucky enough to see him find love and begin his family. He was a good husband and Father and truly cared about others. I am a better person because of his influence over my life.



Thanks for the memories Lukas Pukas. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment