Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

May Long Weekend.

May 20, 2015

Right before the long weekend McKenna had her school talent show. We had a ward talent show in the Fall where I taught a bunch of girls a tap number from McKenna's previous year end show so we decided to do that one again with a couple of the same girls. We practiced and then the girls had to audition. They did awesome and made it into the talent show. They did such a good job in the show. They new all the steps and didn't need to look to me for any help. I was really proud. And they were the cutest one's by far.



Speaking of dance McKenna got her ADAPT exam reports back. We had never done them before so I had no idea what to expect. Its kind of like a school report card where they assess you on a bunch of things like technique, floor work, centre work, and then give you an overall grade report. She did really well on both for being so young and doing them for the first time. For tap (which she's been taking for almost 3 years) they said she knew the steps very well and timing was very nice for her age. She needs to work on keeping her chin up and keeping all her sounds loud and sharp, and to smile. She got a Commended Plus which is 80-84%. For Jazz (this is the first year she's taken it) they said her work at barre must be sharper, and in center work steps had nice control and neatness. She got a Commended grade which is 75-79%. I thought she did great. She loved doing it and was happy with her reports. Its nice to know what she can improve upon too. We will definitely continue doing exams each year. I think its a great way to build confidence and learn more about technique and find ways to improve.

Now onto the long weekend. We really didn't have much planned besides working on the house. We are just waiting on carpet, then we can move the boys downstairs. I cannot wait to have my house back and nicely organized again. Then Ryan needs to do a few things in the yard before we are ready to list it. The girls and I did go see Cinderella at the theatre. We all loved the movie. It was super cute.


My flash may be a little too bright for them lol. Sunday the boys and I went out to Raymond to hang out with my family. The boys love playing with their Shurtz cousins and I had a nice time visiting. We stayed way too late but had so much fun. McKenna stayed home because she had a fever. Ryan and Hayley kept her company but she was pretty bummed she couldn't come. Monday was another busy day working on the house. It was really nice to have a couple extra days to work on it. We had my family come in for a BBQ because Ryan had to try out his new grill he got for Father's Day. Yes we are big on early presents around here. The weather was nice and it was fun starting the BBQ season off. We love spending time with family.

The kids had Tuesday off too which was really nice. I am lacking just as much or even more motivation then they are for school. We are ready for summer. Please teachers, stop sending home reading, and spelling tests, and any other assignments because we probably won't get them done. We are all exhausted and over anything school. Just trying to keep it together until summer holidays.

I have to say I am really impressed with Nate. He has become so interested in basketball and is out in our driveway non stop practicing and playing. He has improved so much and is getting really good. I love that he is pushing himself and working very hard. We just registered both boys up for football starting in the Fall and they are really excited. Ty is constantly putting on his helmets and pads and Nate is doing this:


He wants to bulk up for football and basketball:) I love watching my kids work hard and excel at something. Being a Mom is the best. Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend.

2 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. Lots of fun stuff happening for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of Nate lifting weights!! That's way too cute...I mean, really awesome. Sure he wouldn't want me to say he's cute ;) Love the blog Kelli - I read it all the time

    ReplyDelete