Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Ty's Baptism.

Apr 15, 2015

Ty was baptized last weekend. We usually give our kids some time to really think about it and truly decide if they want to be baptized with no pressure or persuasion from us. We want it to be completely their choice. He was really excited as the day approached. So many of our family and friends came to support him. Ty felt very loved. Nate spoke. My sister helped him with his talk and he blew me away. He did such a good job. He spoke clear and confidently. I was so proud of both of my boys. Ty and all the rest of the kids that were present sang "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" It was really nice. We are so lucky to have so many wonderful people in our lives. Devon and Megan served yummy refreshment's and we visited for a bit. As we were just about to head out the door when I realized that we didn't get any pictures. We took some of whoever was still there. I'm sad we didn't get pictures with everyone who attended.

Thanks everyone for making Ty's day special.










During Nate's talk he had a cupcake and he talked about the good things that Ty does and put yummy toppings on it and then he talked about how we aren't perfect and all make mistakes, and then put dirt and sticks and rocks on the cupcake. Ty was horrified that Nate had ruined his cupcake. Of course Nate explained that through our Saviors atonement we can become clean again each time we repent and we can be a new cupcake again. Ty couldn't get passed the ruined cupcake though. Right after he was baptized he came and sat next to me and said "I'm going to smash that cupcake in Nate's face"  I joked that his cleanliness lasted all about 5 minutes. Luckily there were extra "clean" cupcakes for Ty to enjoy.

1 comment :