Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Single Parenting.

Apr 21, 2015

Ryan was working out of town for a whole week. You really notice how much work there is when there isn't someone to share the load with. When the kids were really young it was more emotionally exhausting and lonely. Now it seems to be more physically exhausting and tiring. As the kids get older there are extra curricular activities, more school responsibilities, and more things added to the calendar that you have to keep up with. I love having all these things to do but it is definitely easier when there are two of you. Usually I'm in charge of Mckenna and her dance, and Ryan's in charge of the boys and their sports. Well Ty started baseball that week so I had dance and baseball to get to. Even having to grocery shop with all the kids is challenging. I will say that it gets easier as they get older because they can help out more, but we sure missed Ryan. He was supposed to be home Thursday night and after I made it through dance and baseball I joked that I didn't actually need him, but then he said in that case he had to stay until Saturday night. Darn. The truth is, we always need him. We love having Ryan home and miss him like crazy.We made it through the week and were so happy to have him home again. I love how excited the kids get when they see him and how insanely happy and grateful I feel when he returns too. I really appreciate how hands on he is and how hard he works for our family. We are so blessed to have such a great dad and husband. We sure love you Ry.

No comments:

Post a Comment