Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Dad's 60th Birthday.

Apr 17, 2015

My Dad turned 60 on the weekend. We went up Saturday after Ty's baptism and Penny made a delicious dinner. All my siblings came up and we had fun visiting and playing games late into the night. The next morning we drove into the city and took the C-Train downtown to the Calgary Tower for brunch. None of us had ever been. It was really fun. At the top there is such a pretty view of the city. They have one section where the floor is glass so you can stand on it and look down and see the ground way below. Its kind of trippy, but I love heights so it didn't bother me. All the kids loved it and none of them were afraid to step on the glass. The food was really good. The floor moves in a circle slowly so you can see each part of the city while you eat. It didn't really bother me, but I didn't really like it either. When we left and were on solid ground I still felt like I was spinning for awhile. We walked a couple of blocks to an indoor garden. It was really beautiful and there was a fun little park the kids played on for a while. Then we got back on the train and headed back to my Dad's. We packed up and headed home. It was super fun. I love spending time with my family.

My Dad is pretty awesome and we enjoyed being able to spend his birthday with him. He is so generous and supportive, and has always accepted us for who we are, and when we've changed or made different decisions he still accepts us. Thanks Dad. Happiest Birthday. You don't look a day over 40:)



Hayley thought it was so cool that she could stand while the train was moving



No comments:

Post a Comment