Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

March

Mar 26, 2015

Um. How is it possible that March is almost over. March usually drags on and on for me, but this year it has zoomed by.  I'm not even sure why, its not like we've had much excitement going on, but I'll take it. I usually hate March because the weather is crappy. Spring is here but we usually don't start getting nice weather until April, and even then it could go either way. The weather has still been pretty crappy but we're making it through.

Ty and McKenna sang Oh Canada at the Hurricanes game with their school choir. Nate and Ryan went to watch the game. They all had a great time, and the kids had a lot of fun stories to tell me. Hayley and I went on a frozen yogurt date and to the park while they did that. It was fun. She literally ran the whole entire time we were at the park from one place to another. You can tell we haven't had nice weather cause she didn't want to waste a second of her park playing time.




I've been letting the girls dress themselves more often. This is a big deal for me. But I figured its important for them to have choices and creative allowance to wear what they like. Hayley will almost always choose pajama's or a dress, and she'll change like 5 times throughout the day. When McKenna was in Kindergarten she always had to look cute and perfect, but thankfully I have relaxed and given that up and have let her take the reigns on her clothes and hairstyle. She almost always chooses a ponytail. Here are a couple pictures to give you a taste:





I sure love these girls! We colored eggs out at my Gramma's. They will be away for Easter so my Gramma had her celebrations a little early. The kids always color a few eggs and then they are done. They would much rather be playing with their cousins. We always have so much fun at my grandparents.





We were hit with some sickness. McKenna was puking one day. Nate and Hayley had sore tummy's with the dreaded D symptoms. It didn't last too long thankfully.



We were hit with this...



again, thankfully it didn't last too long.

I went to our church's March 17th party to celebrate the start of the Relief Society. I did a presentation on blogging and how to turn a blog into a book. I really enjoyed it. I love sharing and teaching about something I love. And I love this little blog of mine and how it makes my journal keeping  so much easier. It was a great night with yummy food and visiting with pretty darn awesome people. I also won a huge chocolate toonie for a prize. It was a fun night.

Ryan has been working hard on the basement. The drywall is all up and he is on to the muding and taping. It should be ready to start painting next weekend.





McKenna tried on her costumes for her Year End Show. It is always exciting to see what she will be wearing. I think I am just as excited as she is. She likes her ballet and tap costume but isn't in love with her jazz one.





Then there is this:



I had to get the ears out because we are headed to Disneyland in November. We are beyond excited. We weren't going to tell the kids until like the day before we were leaving, but I get way too excited and I ended up giving it away. Not the exact date but still. I really suck. The kids are really excited though. We've got our condo all booked and Roy and Connie are coming with us. We LOVE Disneyland. It really is one of the happiest places on Earth.

I am looking forward to April. Its like the best month ever because its my birthday month and the kids have a week off of school for Easter holidays. Life is pretty darn good.

1 comment :

  1. It did go by fast. I always debate if I want to surprise the kids with something or let them enjoy the anticipation with me. Your basement is looking good.

    ReplyDelete