Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Banff.

Feb 3, 2015

Over the weekend we headed to Canmore and Banff. My sister in-law just moved to Canmore and her fiance just opened up a pizza place there. We left Saturday morning and made it to Canmore in time for lunch at Red Rock Pizza. The food was delicious. Jody makes the best pizza. We ordered way too much food but it worked out because we saved the rest for supper. After lunch we went to Banff with Shannon. We walked around and went into some shops. The kids loved the candy shop and each got to pick a treat. We also had Beaver Tails which were amazing. They are like elephant Ears or funnel cakes but shaped in a beaver's tail. Then we went to the hot springs. I LOVE the hot springs. I could spend hours there. Sadly the rest of my family only lasted an hour, but it was so nice. We loved it. I fell in love with Banff all over again. We hadn't been in like 11 years. I'm not really sure why. Now we have family close by we are hoping to spend more time there. It is such a beautiful place. We ate our left over supper at Shannon and Jody's new apartment (they literally got possession of it that afternoon) and then headed to Okotoks to stay over night at Dad and Penny's. We spent most of Sunday visiting with Dad and Penny. They took the boys sledding in the afternoon. Hayley and McKenna played down stairs with the toys the whole time. We hardly saw them. Late afternoon we headed home. It was such a nice weekend getaway.





All the kids and Ryan, minus McKenna all have a bad cough, which of course only becomes present during the night. I have been up quite often putting rub on chests or handing out halls. I am quite sick of it. If I hear another person cough I just might go crazy. I love my sleep. I guess I can't complain. This is the only sickness we have gotten all winter and they are all fine during the day. If this is the worse its going to get, I'll take it. I am hoping they are all on the mend and I will be back to full night sleeping very soon.

Ty and Nate are both in basketball. Ty plays every Saturday and it has been so fun to watch him improve. He loves it and is confidant and doing really well. Nate has only had practices and I haven't been able to watch him play yet, but has games coming up so I am anxious to see him play. It is so rewarding to watch your kids do something they love.



Its pretty darn cold out right now. We have been spoiled with nice weather, it makes it harder to take the cold days. We are busy painting our whole house right now. We are finishing the basement next month and then will be putting our house up for sale. I can't wait. My sister moves out this Saturday. It was so nice having her here. We will miss her.

Life is pretty darn good.

1 comment :

  1. If I get up there I am trying the pizza place for sure. The big Rock in my last post was near Okotoks. I just never say where I am in my blog so I can never be found by crazy people. It's an irrational fear of mine.:)

    ReplyDelete