Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Christmas.

Dec 5, 2014

We put up our tree and decorations last weekend. The kids were so excited, which makes it very exciting for us adults. Okay, who am I kidding...I get just as excited as the kids and still would even if I didn't have kids. That is definitely one of my goals in life. To never lose my enthusiasm for life no matter how old I get. We had fun decorating the tree, and getting out all the Christmas books and movies. Then the kids, Ryan, and Ginger watched Home Alone while I made a Gingerbread cake with caramel sauce while I visited with Cody. It was the perfect way to start off the season. I don't have much in decorations but a few areas of the house got little Christmas touches here and there. The boys have a mini Christmas tree that they put up in their room so we gave McKenna's head board a Christmas lights make over. There is just something about Christmas lights.





Christmas is a time of reflecting, and I always tend to look back at all the previous years. I have such fond Christmas memories growing up. Most of which my Mom was a big part of. I always think about her a great deal this time of year and miss her like crazy. She loved Christmas and always put so much effort in to making it special for us. I hope I can do that for my kids as well. This year we are doing things a little different and are going away for Christmas. We have Ryan's boss's cabin in Montana for a week. Ryan's family is coming to spend a few days with us, and then we will have it a few days to our selves. It will just be our family for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day which is really weird but kind of exciting as well. It will be fun to start our own traditions. We are so excited to celebrate in Montana, and are counting down the days.

1 comment :

  1. That cake sounds really good. I have seen one on Pinterest. Now I think I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete